Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Entrevista Takanori Gomi

Just thought I'd share this w/ everybody. Nothing too profound here. Did this intvw w/ Gomi Saturday night at his hotel (in Japanese)for Chris Onzuka (Onzuka.com/GONG Mag, Fighters Club TV). He was on vacation here in Hawaii and fighting off a slight cold. Said he hasn't trained since the GP as he's still sore. He was planning on looking for some "Local Girl Action" after the interview. So don't get the wrong idea about him walking on the "other side of the tracks" after looking at his hairstyle...

M: How are you? G: I am good. (although he has a cold w/ a stuffy nose)

M: What do you think about Hawaii? G: Hawaii is beautiful and wonderful. Great weather. (although raining all day)

M: What is your favorite thing about Hawaii? G: The beach is really beautiful.

M: Have you tried surfing? G: Yes I have, but I'm not good at it.

M: What do you think about the food? G: The food, hmnn... what's delicious??? everything's good, meat too...

M: Where do you train in Japan--the name of your school? G: I train at Kokushikan Dai and Kikuchi Dojo.

M: What kind of styles do you practice there? for example, boxing, muay thai, wrestling, bjj? G: Kokushikan is wrestling, seeing it's a wrestling club--working on stamina and technique there.

M: How about Kikuchi Dojo? G: all around training there. We do it all.

M: It's becoming winter in Japan and getting cold, does this change the way you train? G: The condition is better to train in the winter. When it's hot, it's no good. Summer is not a good time to compete. The condition is more favorable in cooler weather.

M: Are you still able to jog? G: Yes, after I get back I will.

M: Your first match at the Pride GP was against the number 1 contender, Kawajiri, do you think that that wasn't good for you? G: Do you mean because he was my first round match-up? M: Yes. G: Well, since the fans really approved, and it turned out to be the best match--even in America you face strong opponents in a tournament, and it's tough, so it doesn't make any difference.

M: Lately, you've been winning your matches by striking and your next opponent was Luis Azeredo from Chute Box who are famous for their boxing and muay thai, what did you think about Azeredo's technique? was it dangerous? G: Stamina went a little in my favor which was a disadvantage for him. Because I had already fought one match already, and this was my second match, I was able to see various options... (cell phone rings)

M: Do you experience any stress before you matches? G: no, recently, it's changed. As Bushido is my kind of tournament, I'm able to become this way.

M: What kind of feeling do you have before a match. Are you able to relax? G: Yes, I can relax.

M: You are to fight Hayato Mach Sakurai in Pride's New Year's Eve GP. You both have the same experience level, but he comes from a heavier and bigger weight class. How do you feel about this? G: It'll be harder for him to drop the weight, and my natural weight is closer, so this should be in my favor.

M: Do you have a plan or strategy for preparing for him? G: Truthfully, I will train hard. I will train more than him.

M: Do you plan to win by striking? G: It doesn't matter, either way, I will win.

M: Can I ask you about B.J. Penn? G: Go ahead.

M: Two years ago, you lost to B.J. Penn in Rumble on the Rock. Would you like another shot at him? G: You know, that match is already over and I've entered Pride... BJ's business is here in Hawaii... M: Do you harbour any resentment or want for revenge against BJ? G: You know, my first priority is Pride. If BJ comes to Pride??? His weight is now higher than me, hmnn???? M: If you did have a chance to fight him again, would you change anything about your strategy? G: You know, I picked up experience in that fight, so I won't change my style. Thinking about it, I'd like to have maybe my last fight against BJ here in Hawaii... but there's the Pride problem. Hmnnn??? Pride being my priority, if he doesn't come to Pride, that would make it difficult.

M: After the GP, do you have anyone that you want to face? What is you goal? G: I haven't thought that far yet. I suppose I'd like to take a vacation.

M: How far in advance do you start preparing for a fight? G: This time? Well, after I finish my vacation here and return, I'll start right away. M: That's over two months prior? G: Yes, I ONLY have 2 months left...

M: Do you have anything you'd like to say to your Hawaii MMA fans? G: I'd like to fight in Hawaii and bring my team here to fight too. I want them to come to Japan and see me fight.

M: Thank you very much. G: Thank you.
    props to FCTV808 at mma.tv
    To Perita Style
Trabajando...
X