Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

*RESULTADOS* STRIKEFORCE: 6/6 LAWLER vs. SHIELDS!!!

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• *RESULTADOS* STRIKEFORCE: 6/6 LAWLER vs. SHIELDS!!!

Main Card:
    Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields
    Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith
    Kevin Randleman vs. Mike Whitehead
    Joe Riggs vs. Phil Baroni
    Andrei Arlovski vs. Brett Rogers

Preliminary Card:
    -Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Jared Hamman
    -Jesse Finney vs. Josh Bumgarner
    -Tyron Woodley vs. Sal Woods
    -Scott Ventimiglia vs. Lucas Lopes
    -Pat Benson vs. Dave Cochran
    -Booker DeRousse vs. James Wade

Noticias relacionadas:

Re: STRIKEFORCE: 6/6 LAWLER vs. SHIELDS!!!

Yo quiero ver q tal feijao !!

Comentario

A mi esa reaparición de Randleman me llama muchisimo. El main event tiene también muy buena pinta.

Comentario

Una pena la caida del card de Babalu :-\

Comentario

Bonito card, estoy expectante ante el retorno de Randleman y no lo tendrá fácil ante el Whitehead que lleva un último promedio de resultados interesante.
          Además ver a Baroni siempre tiene su cosa, y el Lawler vs Shields para que contar.

Comentario

Añadimos el Arlovsky vs Brett Rogers?

Andrei Arlovski vs. Brett Rogers Set for Strikeforce June 6 Show

Andrei Arlovski vs. Brett Rogers added to June 6 Strikeforce event

Comentario

jaja todos al mismo tiempo ;D

Cartelazo

Comentario

Joe que si!!! :o vaya cartel, son todos más miticos que Perry Mason!!!!

Rogers hasta ahora ha ido sobrado pero no le veo curtiéndose con las estrellas, yo creo que comerá de lo lindo.

Comentario

joder y no decis nada del diaz/smith, que van a volar las pinyas.
                  (y el ultimo combate de smith fue epico)
                  diaz tko rd 3!
                  "Things you focus on will grow bigger, so focus on positivity" Marloes Coenen
                  sigpic

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por Merrill el Merodeador
                    joder y no decis nada del diaz/smith, que van a volar las pinyas.
                    (y el ultimo combate de smith fue epico)
                    diaz tko rd 3!
                    Tienes razon bro, eso tiene pinta de ser un combatazo tambien. Es que el card, esta muy muy bien y completo. Yo tambien voy con Diaz por esta vez.
                    Yo os dire una cosa... si pudiera apostaba unos eurillos a que gana Rogers a AA...

Comentario

Los dos primeros combates, más Calcavante, más AA vs Rogers, muchos no estarán de acuerdo, pero me parece más atractivo que más de uno, y más de dos de los UFC de los últimos tiempos....

Comentario

Se cae el rival de Feijao, Hamann.
                        Mike Kyle suena como substituto de Hamann.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14996/strikeforce-hamman-out-feijao-vs-kyle-likely-for-june-6-prelims.mma

Comentario

No os despistéis de esto que quedan cinco dias...

Comentario

Entrevista a Jake Shields:

FiveKnuckles.com: Much has been made of your upcoming fight with Lawler as far as what weight you'd be fighting at. You said it would be at a catch weight and Lawler said that he didn't agree to that and feels that he shouldn't have to drop weight. It has since been confirmed that the fight will indeed be at a catchweight of 182-pounds. What was all the fuss about?

Jake Shields: I've heard him bitching about that and that's just ridiculous because we have a signed contract at 182 and he should read his contracts or have management read his contracts because his management agreed to 182 and the fact that he was bitching about it was ridiculous. I would have fought him at 185, but he agreed to 182 which is only 3 pounds, so it's like... after you sign a contract to fight at a weight you should stop bitching about it. It's right in the contract, so, if the guy's that stupid then I don't feel bad for him. It's pretty stupid not to read your own contract.

FiveKnuckles.com: You'll be coming into the fight at a bit of a size disadvantage. Do you feel that you'll be able to handle the weight difference?

Jake Shields: Yeah I do. We took the fight. I feel like I'm skilled enough to handle the weight difference.

FiveKnuckles.com: Will this be a permenent move or are you planning on staying at welterweight?

Jake Shields: I look at myself as a 170-pounder, but I saw this as a good opportunity so I decided to take it. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't go up to 185 for other good fights, but I think overall 170 is my best weight.

FiveKnuckles.com: Robbie Lawler has stated that he believes he's ready for your ground skills if that's where the fight goes. Do you believe that he's ready for your ground game?

Jake Shields: I don't think he's ready for my ground game. I'm sure he does have some ground game. I mean, he's been fighting for 8 or 9 years so I'm sure he's picked up some tricks, but I think overall if we end up on the ground too much, I think he's gonna be in trouble. [Matt] Hughes is a wrestler with a small amount of jiu-jitsu. He's got elementary jiu-jitsu. I'm a wrestler with a lot of jiu-jitsu and I think maybe he doesn't realize the difference. I don't know who he's trained with but I'm sure it's wrestlers with a tiny bit of jiu-jitsu. I don't think he's faced a guy with my level of ground skills and probably not even in training.

FiveKnuckles.com: Can you get this fight to the ground?

Jake Shields: Yeah, but it's not gonna be easy. I mean, he's a big strong wrestler. If you watch some of his fights, people have been able to take him down, but might not do anything on the ground once they get there. That's the difference. I'm not just gonna sit there. I'm gonna try and pull something off when it hits the ground.

FiveKnuckles.com: If you have trouble getting him down would you resort to pulling guard?

Jake Shields: Very unlikely. I'm not gonna say I wouldn't do that but I'm not a big fan of pulling guard. Pulling guard is kind of a last resort. In MMA it's not a good position, especially against someone with Lawler's power.

FiveKnuckles.com: What would a win against a top ranked middleweight fighter like Robbie Lawler do for your status at welterweight?

Jake Shields: It would help. It's a different weight so it's hard to say if it would affect my ranking. But it would definitely make me more legit. Lawler's a top middleweight so a win would definitely show that I'm legit.

FiveKnuckles.com: Can you tell us a bit about your Strikeforce contract?

Jake Shields: It's a three fight contact with a time clause on it as well.

FiveKnuckles.com: How long is the clause for?

Jake Shields: I think it's about a year. So it'll go pretty fast. I'll do the three fights with Strikeforce and then look at my situation and see where I want to be fighting after that.

FiveKnuckles.com: I know that many fight fans would like to see you fight in the UFC. When EliteXC stalled and eventually folded, did you have any discussions with the UFC?

Jake Shields: We were talking with the UFC and hoping we could make something work. I had a lawyer looking at the [EliteXC] contract seeing if he could get me out of the contract so I could go to the UFC but then Strikeforce bought the contract and we were put in a situation where we could either try to sue to get out of the contract, or go with Strikeforce; and, you know, Strikeforce puts on a great show. We sat down with them and we had a great talk. They said they'd set me up with great fights like this one with Lawler so we decided to go with them and see what happens. When everything first went down and Strikeforce bought Elite I still had my heart set on the UFC, and I wanted to fight it, but after talking to Scott [Coker] we decided to stick with it.

FiveKnuckles.com: You say you have three fights for Strikeforce. The first will be against a middleweight. A top middleweight, but a middleweigth nonetheless. Who out there at welterweight, outside of UFC, can you fight? Most of the top welterweights are in the UFC.

Jake Shields: Yeah, that's common knowledge. That's why I moved up in weight to take the Lawler fight because there wasn't really anyone at welterweight that excited me that much. Unless they brought in Aoki or Sakurai. I would definitely want to fight Aoki but I don't think he's gonna fight at 170's anymore; and Sakurai, I'd fight him again but I already beat him so it's not a fight that really pumps me up.

FiveKnuckles.com: To be honest, the best welterweight not in the UFC, not named Jake Shields is probably Nick Diaz. Is that a fight you'd ever consider?

Jake Shields: Nah. I'd never fight Nick. I'd fight pretty much anyone else, but he's the one guy that I wouldn't fight. We've been training together for eight years now. So, we've just been friends for too long and training together for too long so there would be just no reason for that fight.

FiveKnuckles.com: What did you think about his win over Frank Shamrock? It seemed like your camp was pretty excited for that one.

Jake Shields: It was awesome! I thought he'd win, but to see him go out there and just totally clown Shamrock, it was awesome. Nick had a great training camp and he looked really strong at that weight and to see him go out there and embarrass Shamrock was great. I always thought Shamrock was overrated and Nick just exposed him.

FiveKnuckles.com: Nick Diaz has this bad boy reputation. What's he like away from the lights and camera's?

Jake Shields: He's actually a really nice guy. He has the reputation as a bad-guy-shit-starter but every time you go to the gym he's super respectful. I've never seen Nick have a problem with anyone at the gym. He gets a bad rap but the way he gets motivated is to make himself not like the person. That's just the way he gets motivated to fight but he's actually a really nice guy. I mean, we'll go in the gym sometimes and they'll be a bunch of white belts in there training and Nick will be in there for like two hours teaching people moves not because he has to, but he's just trying to be helpful. But when he fights you'll see him getting angry at his opponents or flipping guys off and stuff because that helps to motivate him to fight. And it works well for him.... and it's pretty good for promo too [laughs]. I don't think he does it for promo, but it's good for the sport to get some personality in there.

FiveKnuckles.com: There seemed to be real bad blood there between Frank Shamrock and your camp. What are your thoughts on Shamrock?

Jake Shields: Yeah, I don't really care for Frank. He's been disrespectful to Ceasar [Gracie] and he's arrogant. It was good to see Nick smack him around.

FiveKnuckles.com: Is that a fight you'd ever explore?

Jake Shields: I'd fight Frank anytime. Yeah, that's definitely one I'd like. You know, he got smashed so it'd be hard to build him back up, but I guess he's still a huge name so...

FiveKnuckles.com: There's a pretty big fight coming up soon in your weight class when Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Silva. Who takes that fight?

Jake Shields: It's gonna be be a good fight, but I'll have to take GSP, but it wouldn't be a shocker if Thiago won. He's got great stand up, he's hard to take down, but GSP's just looked so great his last few fights. I'm gonna have to pick him. GSP, you know, he's shown to be the top fighter at my weight and it would be great to fight him.

FiveKnuckles.com: Who do you believe is the best fighter in the world regardless of weight?

Jake Shields: I'd have to say Fedor. Obviously it's tough to really do a pound-for-pound ranking because that's not something you'd ever know, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Fedor. He's just looked so awesome and he always wins. He's the one guy who hasn't really lost. He's beaten pretty much all the top heavyweights out there. Everyone has weaknesses but he's pretty well rounded and he seems to always be focused.

FiveKnuckles.com: What can we expect from Jake Shields over the next year as your Strikeforce contract plays out?

Jake Shields: Hopefully I win a couple of big fights out here and then we'll see what happens down the road. Maybe we can get something set up with GSP. But right now, I've just got to focus on Lawler. That's a tough fight that I have in front of me.

You can catch Shields in action as he takes on Robbie Lawler this Saturday, June 6 starting at 10:00p EST on Showtime.

Comentario

Fotos del pesaje: http://mmajunkie.com/news/15102/stri...ge-gallery.mma

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X