Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

Daniel Cormier, 2 veces olimpico, debuta en MMA (SF 25 sept)

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Daniel Cormier, 2 veces olimpico, debuta en MMA (SF 25 sept)

fightline.com y mmaweekly.com

Resumiendo: El dos veces olimpico en lucha libre, Daniel Cormier, 30 años, debutará en MMA, en StrikeForce el 25 de septiembre, contra el veterano TBA.

Fue seleccionado en 2004-Atenas y quedó cuarto; en 2008-Beijing fue seleccionado pero no pudo competir debido a una lesión. Tiene un record en la high school en wrestling de 101-9 en 4 años, tricampeón de Lousiana. Actualmente entrena en American Kickboxing Academy, California. IGNORO EN QUE PESO SE PEGARA, alguien con mallas nos lo puede aclarar? (Teseo, Sanka...)

Two-time United States Olympic wrestling team member and former NCAA Division I national championship runner up Daniel Cormier will make his mixed martial arts (MMA) debut at the Strikeforce: Challengers event at Tulsa, Oklahoma's SpiritBank Event Center on Friday, September 25.
    Cormier (0-0) will face an opponent that has yet to be determined on the live SHOWTIME televised portion of the first-ever Strikeforce card in the state of Oklahoma.

"I think it's an honor to be fighting for one of the top organizations in the world," said Cormier, who celebrated his 30th birthday on March 20.

Since graduating from Oklahoma State University (OSU) with a degree in sociology in 2001, Cormier has continued to follow his passion for playing human chess on the mat, earning a place on the 2004 and 2008 United States Olympic wrestling teams.

"Making the first Olympic team was like a culmination of everything I had worked for," said Cormier, who took fourth place in The Olympic Games held in Athens, Greece in 2004, but was unable to compete in the 2008 games due to injury. "I'm a guy who really wants to make his mother proud and this made her so proud. I could see the joy and pride in her."

His storied run as an amateur wrestler began in high school where Cormier was a three-time state champion in his native Louisiana, compiling a remarkable 101-9 record over four years of competition.

Before joining OSU's powerhouse squad that has won a remarkable 34 national wrestling championships since its first season in 1914, Cormier stopped off at Colby Community College where he captured the junior college national championship two years in a row. His unyielding commitment to the sport stems from the fortitude it has added to his character, according to Cormier.

"Wrestling's a sport that teaches you how to be strong physically and mentally," explained Cormier. "It really molds you and makes you take responsibility for your actions. If you don't train hard, it's going to be you out there getting embarrassed."

Cormier recently relocated to San Jose, California in order to train at the famed American Kickboxing Academy, also home to Strikeforce World Lightweight (155 pounds) Champion Josh "The Punk" Thomson and MMA superstars Josh Koscheck and Jon Fitch, amongst others.

Of his decision to step into the cage, Cormier said, "I haven't done anything since the Olympics and that competitor fire in me started to build and build last year. When I started feeling that, I started pursuing all avenues."

In the main event on September 25, American military hero Tim Kennedy (10-2) of Fayetteville, North Carolina will face unbeaten Zak Cummings (10-0) of Springfield, Missouri in a middleweight (185 pounds) contest.

K-1 legend and six-time world kickboxing champion, Ray "Sugarfoot" Sefo (1-0), who hails from New Zealand and fights out of Las Vegas, Nevada, will take on Alabama-born Kevin "The Shaman" Jordan (11-7) in a heavyweight match.

Budding superstar and two-time All-American wrestler at the University of Missouri, Tyron "T-Wood" Woodley (5-0) of St. Louis, will face his sternest test to date when he meets former Tito Ortiz protégé, Zach "The Lisbon Outlaw" Light (4-8) of Huntington Beach, California in a welterweight (170 pounds) fight.

Amongst the Oklahomans scheduled to appear on the card are Tulsa rivals Travis "The Dark Knight" Calanoc (4-0) and Thomas Longacre (4-0), who will put their unbeaten records on the line against each other.

Re: Daniel Cormier, 2 veces olimpico, debuta en MMA (SF 25 sept)

Si anda bien de peso, puede dar fácil en semipesados. En lucha peleaba en 96kg.

Comentario

sorry, eso me pasa por estar desforado

Comentario

poco a poco hermano cogeras tu trono de nuevo :D

Comentario

Mi cupo de megawrestlers LHW ya está cubierto con Ryan Bader, pero le haremos un seguimiento a este señor, a ver que tal.

Se le junta el cuello con las orejas,jeje

Comentario

Bader y Jon 'Bones' Jones, que ese apunta muy alto, su próxima pelea, contra Hamill, y eso va a eso una piedra de toque muy muy dura...

Comentario

Cierto, Jones mola mucho, y no solo como wrestler. La pelea contra bonnar tardará en olvidarseme. No he visto luchar al Hamill este, pero bueno, a ver que tal el señor "huesos"

Comentario

Coño no has visto luchar a Matt Hammill?? Al que le mangaron el combate con Bisping, el que es sordo, es famoso me extraña que no lo conozcas

Comentario

Si es el sordo, si. Lo vi una vez, pero recuerdo más la lógistica que montaron para la entrevistilla con Rogan que el combate en si mismo.

En la mayoria de ufc

Comentario

De vuelta de vacas me encuentro esto, es un tio con un excelente fisico, no es de mis luchadores favoritos, pero esto se está llenando de luchadores de Wrestling de altisimo nivel ..

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por budspencer
                      El dos veces olimpico en lucha libre, Daniel Cormier, 30 años, debutará en MMA, en StrikeForce el 25 de septiembre, contra el veterano TBA.
                      debuta ni mas ni menos contra el luchador que mas veces ha aparecido en carteles de MMA!!

Comentario

Pues ya ha debutado Daniel Cormier en MMA: SPOILER SI SIGUES LEYENDO

SPOILER

SPOILER

Tim Kennedy defeated Zak Cummings via submission (north-south choke) at 2:42 of round two
                        Ray Sefo defeated Kevin Jordan via technical knockout (injury) at 0:24 of round two
                        Tyron Woodley defeated Zach Light via submission (armbar) at 3:38 of round two
                        Thomas Longacre defeated Travis Calanoc via unanimous decision
                        Daniel Cormier defeats Gary Frazier via technical knockout (strikes) at 3:39 of round two
                        Jeri Sitzes defeated Lacey Schuckman via technical knockout (strikes) at 2:18 of round three
                        Paul Bradley defeated Levi Avera via unanimous decision
                        Trey Houston defeated Brandon Gaines via submission (arm triangle choke) at 1:28 of round two
                        Kenny Giddens defeated John Carson via submission (D

Comentario

Aqui os dejo el video del debut de Cormier:

http://www.megavideo.com/v/Z35PKNPK

Comentario

mmmmmmmmmm le queda mucho que aprender el hombre.
                            Ni un derrivo, cosa extraña pa ser un wrestler de primer nivel y eso q el rival alludo.
                            No me gusto su primera actuacion aunq estoy seguro q mejorara.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X