Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Articulo sobre Napao

La pelea fue malisima, no se opinareis...
    To Perita Style

Articulo sobre Napao

Incluso en esa página dicen q fué una pelea aburrida, y eso q se supone q están "de su parte", asi q no hay mucho más q decir...

Comentario

Articulo sobre Napao

Napao normalmente tiene mucho mas gas, aqui teneis su vision de porque su actuacion en su debut del UFC no fue como el pretendia:

A statement from Gabriel 'Napao' Gonzaga
      Submitted by: Denis Martins
      Posted On 11/27/2005

From Napao:

I choose the Editor-in-Chief of PuroresuPower.com (Zach Arnold) and the Brazilian Correspondent of ADCC News (Denis Martins) to publish my letter, because they are the people who looked deeply into the problems I had prior to my UFC 56 fight. They knew that I wasn't 100% going into the fight, so they gave me the support to translate this letter from Portuguese to English and explain the situation.

I would like to say that debuting in an event such as the great UFC 56 show isn't an easy task for a fighter, even fighters who have lots of experience in other organizations. The pressure of debuting in an event that is considered by many to be one of the best in the world is huge. It is always good to debut with a victory, and better with a KO like the one I delivered to Kevin 'The Shaman' Jordan.

My lack of stamina in the fight against Jordan is something that I want to discuss further and give you an explanation about. People who know me and have seen my previous 5 MMA fights recognize me as a fighter who doesn't like to stall. I like to trade blows or go for submissions for an entire fight. My only defeat in a fight was against PRIDE fighter Fabricio Werdum at Jungle FC 1. It was a three-round war that the crowd applauded us for. I always do a lot of strong pre-fight training for upcoming matches and I never expect to face a tomato can in fights. I always intend on showing my best game, no matter who the opponent is. I always will dash against who is in front of me with all of my strength.

When my fight partner Marcio showed me the UFC contract, I didn't hesitate in signing it because UFC was always a dream for me, a dream to participate in this premiere American MMA organization. I signed it and I had two months to prepare, which is enough time to provide an excellent showing for the UFC fans. I moved from my residence of Sao Paulo, Brazil to Massachusetts to participate at the training center where all of my preparation was done for the UFC 56 fight against Jordan. However, destiny conspired against me and gave me some unpleasant surprises which totally put me down. My wife was five months pregnant with twins and these would be our first two kids. We discovered that one of the children nearly died and that the other child was at risk of dying, putting my wife's life at risk as well. We moved immediately to Rio de Janeiro, where we would have more hospital support and the support of my wife's parents. The situation was growing more desparate and I couldn't let my wife be alone in this tough moment. With seven months of pregnancy gone by, we had to make an emergency child birth. God reserved a place on his side to one of my daughters (Leticia) and he gave us the gift of a beautiful girl named Isabela (who stayed in the incubator for a month and five days to gain some weight). Now she is at home with my wife and I thank God for it.

With all of this taking place, I arrived in Massachusetts 12 days prior to the UFC 56 fight and I didn't have the time to prepare properly. I couldn't tell the organizers and promoters of UFC (who trusted my potential) that I would have to cancel 10 days before the show. I couldn't let this opportunity of showing my talent to the UFC fans slip away.

I went into the fight against Jordan that night thinking that I had a good first round because I took him down, got the mount, and nearly submitted him by choke. Plus, I had some hits that landed and connected. However, I really gassed out in the second and third rounds, but I ended the fight with a beautiful KO.

I would like to thank all of you who supported me and gave me enough strength after the fight. To those who criticized me during and after the fight, I can tell you all that I am not displeased with that. All the fans have their reasons for criticism because they expected more from me and I didn't show it. I will talk from the bottom of my heart and the next opportunity I get, I will show 100% of my technique and will-power to erase the bad image that I showed from the UFC 56 fight. I am sure that the UFC fans will applaud me after I provide them a show that they deserve to see. I will show technique on the ground and on the feet. And a lot of heart!

I will be prepared for a war the next time and fight with my strength, whether it is 3 rounds or 5 rounds if necessary. I do not have any fear of talking about my desire to win a UFC belt and I will show it for the fans in my next fight. Be sure of my words above -- you can see it in me the next time I fight.
      Resumiendo para los que no sepan ingles, firmo un contrato con el UFC 2 meses antes de la pelea y se traslado a EEUU desde Brasil para entrenar con la mala suerte de que justo despues su mujer, embarazada de mellizos perdio a uno de ellos, y con riesgo de perder al otro e incluso podia morir ella debido a la situacion.

Como es logico el tuvo que estar a su lado en esos momentos, y por fin tuvo al niño con antelacion y sano aunque ha tenido que estar 1 mes y medio en la incubadora.

Con todo este embrollo, llego a USA doce dias antes de la pelea lo cual no da para llegar con un buen cardio al combate.

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X