X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Articulo Imanari

by: Shu Hirata

For Japanese fans, Ken Shamrock, in UFC 1, lost to Royce Gracie because he went for that ankle lock. Shamrock secured Royce's left ankle, went down to the ground, but Royce quickly got up, took the top position, and eventually finished Shamrock with a rear naked choke. Nobuhiko Takada, from the Japanese fan's perception, was leading the fight in the rematch against Rickson Gracie, until, he went for that ankle lock. Rickson, like Royce, got up when Takada went down, and from there, everything went Rickson's way. The process of completing a leg submission can expose a fighter into a very vulnerable position, and in the era where the knowledge of defending and attacking from the bottom was very limited, many fighters in Japan started to go to jiu-jitsu dojos, especially to learn attacking and defending your arms and neck area.

That was back in the 90's, But time has changed. Tsuyoshi TK Kosaka displayed it with his original reversal move known as TK Reverse (TK Scissors in Japan) that being mounted is not exactly the end of the world. And fighters like Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira showed that you could be as lethal on the bottom as being on the mount position.

Then finally at the end of year 2005, Kazunari Imanari proved that a variety of leg submissions alone could conquer the world of MMA.

Imanari took lots of punches from Mike Thomas Brown in the semi-final. In the takedown department, Imanari was outclassed. From the bottom, he did attempt an armbar but Brown was much too powerful and too quick, basically leading the fight with takedowns and pounding, well, until, the last half of the second round.

Neither Brown nor Imanari improved their position on the ground, so the referee brought them back in the standing position, and in the next moment, Imanari stepped in with a spinning kick, then grabbed Brown's ankle. Brown spun around tried to pull his leg out but Imanari twisted more and that was it. This definitely was a come from behind win but also, an ideal winning sequence for a man who calls himself a '10th Degree Black Belt in Leg Submission.'

Imanari faced Yoshiro Maeda from Pancrase-ism in the final. Maeda looked fantastic in the semi. Right off the bell, Maeda went for a flying knee shot and then took the fight to the ground for furious punches. At the end, Maeda completely KO'd Muangfahlek Kiawichean with a soccer kick to the head.

The final between Imanari and Maeda was sort of like the battle between a pistol and a Japanese sword. Maeda's punches were fast and sharp like bullets but all Imanari needed was one move just like how a Japanese Samurai sword can finish it with one stroke.

Maeda utilizes his jabs and frontal kicks to maintain his range. Imanari, grabs Maeda's kicking leg trying to pull it to the ground but Maeda jumps up in defense. Imanari, from the ground, continues going for the leg but Maeda would not engage to grappling, just dropping punches from the standing position. Maeda standing, Imanari is lying on the ground. Then Maeda yells, 'Come on kick me!' but Imanari relentlessly just goes for a leg, but Maeda steps back and counters with a straight punch.

In the second round, Imanari successfully pulls in Maeda and snaps on an armbar. Maeda however gets up and slams Imanari hard onto the canvass twice in a row, then pulling his arm out of the lock, following it with punches and kicks. Maeda just doesn't chase too far. Imanari's face turns red from the vicious pounding.

The third round became reminiscent of the ending of Akira Kurosawa's'Sanjuro.' Both fighters drop their arms down, and stare at each other, for a substantial amount of time. The referee urges them to go on, but both fighters stand still, looking at each other, and laughter erupts in Korakuen Hall. The next moment, Imanari made the move, and everything was over.

For the first 7 minutes, both fighters never stepped into their opponent's 'territory.' Maeda stuck with his striking game and Imanari insisted on a leg submission. Imanari, however, finally, took a step into Maeda's 'territory.'

Imanari moves in with a kick to the body followed by a spinning backhand blow. Maeda sways back in defense, but when Imanari rolls to grab a leg, Maeda, without any hesitation, naturally goes down into Imanari's guard. Now, Maeda is in Imanari's 'territory.' Maeda tries to drop a punch but Imanari take control on one arm, slides to the side for omo platta, then reverses the position but Maeda snaps on a triangle choke from the bottom. Imanari shakes his arm out then grabs Maeda's right leg, locking on an ankle with his left arm. One stroke of ankle hold and it was all over.

Imanari's peers at Team ROKEN stormed in to the ring and fans started to chant '10 dan! (10th degree)'

Imanari, as a pro MMA fighter, has been walking on the dark side of the road. He lost to Baret Yoshida in the Kingdom show, lost in the first round of the ZST grappling tournament, and was KO'd by Joachim Hansen in his first PRIDE Bushido appearance. He has what it takes to get to the top but always, in the big match he just couldn't come through, well, till now. It's a high risk but Imanari insisted on one tactic, which was to go to the ground on his own, and from there, aim for a leg submission. The fact Imanari won the title with this strategy probably wills the mindset of some MMA fighters. Leg submissions can be as dangerous as any punch, kick, choke hold or arm submissions.

After the show, Imanari spoke to the reporters, 'I am exhausted. My entire body hurts. Maeda had countermeasures to everything. I actually did nothing.' Then Brown passed by the interview booth and told Imanari, 'You are LEG-LOCK MACHINE!'

Imanari was very modest, 'I don't know if I am a machine. I just think, that god was there for me today. I am a bit embarrassed. (because of the tears he showed after the fight) You know, recently, I couldn't win. (to keep this title) I better not do too many title fights.' hrough 4 websites as well as a contest
    props to kakuto.com
    To Perita Style

Articulo Imanari

Thanks sNk,

por cierto, a qué escape corresponde esto: "TK Kosaka displayed it with his original reversal move known as TK Reverse (TK Scissors in Japan) that being mounted is not exactly the end of the world"

Un saludo

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

thanks

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

obrigado

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

Es uno de mis luchadores favoritos, me direis q está loco y siempre se tira a por las llaves de talón, pero me encanta como lo hace.
          Me encanta lo de "10th Degree Black Belt in Leg Submission".

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

Esta pirao, pero me gusta bastante su estilo

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

Originalmente escrito por NovatoZen
              Thanks sNk,

por cierto, a qué escape corresponde esto: "TK Kosaka displayed it with his original reversal move known as TK Reverse (TK Scissors in Japan) that being mounted is not exactly the end of the world"

Un saludo
              alguien que nos ayude, no entiendo nada. A que corresponde eso??

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

yo opino que si

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

y yo

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

Un raspado, dice q la montada no es el fin del mundo y q se puede salir de ahi.
                    No estoy nada seguro de q raspado es, pero conociendo a Imanari puede q sea el q consiste en meter los pies bajo los sobacos del q esta en la montada y empujar para sacarlo de ahi, muchas veces te quedas en una posición ventajosa para intentar alguna llave de pie.

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

me gusto lo que dijo Imanari cuando temrino su pelea con Maeda, le acercaron el microfono y el japo grito "no kiero pelear nunca mas con Maeda!!!!!"

PD: recordar que Imanari y Maeda ya empataron una vez en el DEEP

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

Pq Maeda mete unos viajes de cuarto y medio.
                        To Perita Style

Comentario

Articulo Imanari

Es q en las 2 peleas se ha llevado unos buenos "palos, pero ha salido bastante bien parado.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                          X