Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Entrevista Bj Penn

Although BJ Penn hasn't fought since last July, he's still been one of the busiest guys in MMA. He decided to embark on a 3 month world tour where he trained with some of the best in the biz. Then BJ and the UFC shocked the MMA world by squashing their beef. The Champ is back, fired up, and ready to prove to the world that the first time wasn't a fluke. Yo UFC welterweights, protect your necks! Here's a quick interview with BJ:

FOKAI: What's up Champ, how was your trip?
    Unreal. First we went to LA where I trained kickboxing with Rob Kaman. Man, that guy hits hard! I also trained some jiu-jitsu with John Machado and boxed a little with Freddie Roach. I really learned a lot of new stuff from Roach. Then it was up to San Jose where I did some judo at San Jose State and checked out the guys that helped me get started, Javier Mendez and Frank Shamrock. It was crazy because I had to keep going back to Vegas for meetings for about 3-4 months, back and forth. Then I went to Minnesota boxed and wrestled with Joe Clark and his buddies. Back to Vegas for some more stuff, then to New York, then to England to train for about 2 days. Then I went to Ireland and Amsterdam. After that I went to Thailand for some kick boxing. I wanted to train with Fedor in Russia but that fell through. Then we finally made it back to Vegas for the negotiations and settlement with the UFC. I had my brother with me and a camera man so we're gonna make a documentary about the trip.

Wow, racked up some frequent flyer miles huh? What inspired you to go on this trip? I was in Vegas hanging out after the Renzo fight not doing much and thought if I went back to Hilo there would be nothing to do there either. I was a little uninspired for the Renzo fight and I wanted to learn more skills, to get better. There are so many good guys fighting all around the world that I could train with, so I felt I needed to get out and train with them. I did to get better, I traveled around the world picked up so much technique and learned a lot more than I would if I stayed in Hilo. I also figured if I was gonna go around the world and train I might as well make one documentary.

Dealing with the UFC negotiations, did you think they would ever bring you back?
    Ummmmmmmmm..... I didn't know how the settlement was gonna go, but I am glad that it's settled and glad to be back in the UFC. There's a lot of opportunities and fights for me there.

How is your family's show, The Rumble on the Rock?
    It's Good, its already at a high level and if they continue to keep laying down some more good shows and get their good ideas rolling and keep pushing forward I think they will be fine. I'll fight in the Rumble again one day for sure.

What's the situation in JAPAN with the K-1?
    Not quite sure right now but I am keeping an open relationship with the K-1 for sure. But right now I am getting ready for my fight in April with GSP (George St. Pierre).

Why St. Pierre right away?
    I liked the St. Pierre and Sherk match. I thought it was gonna be a good match but it was one sided, George walked right through him pretty much. He's awesome and I want to fight the best guys for sure. That's what it's all about, fighting the best guys. Like Hughes he's up there I want to fight him again too.

What are your thoughts of St. Pierre?
    He's as good a fighter as anyone else out there. He's awesome.

How about the entire welterweight division in the UFC?
    It's a very competitive division. You got Diego Sanchez, Diaz, Karo, Sherk, tons of guys. It's pretty deep. I think Pride has the 185 division and 155's but you do have to say UFC has the 170's.

You're stepping into a new era in your career. What's different this time around? Will we see a new BJ Penn?
    Definitely a new BJ Penn, something the UFC has never seen before. I am a more seasoned fighter and stronger mentally as well. I feel more mature and tough. When I wasn't in UFC for those 2 years I had 4 fights with some real tough competitors (Bang Ludwig, Rodrigo Gracie, Lyoto Machida, and Renzo Gracie). It wasn't like I wasn't' doing anything. I know what I gotta do now, no more guessing.

With all these new places to train will you still be training in Hilo again?
    I think I might travel again since we're kind of far out but I'll do most of training in Hilo. I think any fighter out there would like to be at home 1 to 2 months before their fight. I suggest to go home and sleep in your own bed and relax as much as you can and train, enjoy friends and family. Let the fight come naturally and don't rush it. It will come.

Since the 2 years you've been away from the UFC it has blown up. When you came back a lot of fans didn't know who you are, what are your thoughts?
    Yeah, I should of walked off with the belt on huh?!
    Nah, but that's normal, but it's still exciting to be back. I think for me and my career honestly it was the perfect time to leave. After beating Matt Hughes and winning the belt I felt that the UFC didn't know what to do with me. But now coming back to UFC it's way bigger now and all these guys fighting to be on top, it's now easy for them to build me up. Dana's got some great ideas and knows what to do and he's pushing me. I really feel like he has a plan for me this time.

What's your message to the fans who don't know you, who've watched TUF 1 and 2 and only know guys like Matt Hughes and Joe Stevenson?
    They've never seen a fighter like me you know. All the fans who have never seen me in the octagon, I'm gonna be pumped up in there and be a very explosive and different than any fighter in the UFC today. I am not your average UFC fighter, you're gonna see something different for sure!

What do you think when people say that you should work your way up to the top of the division, just like everyone else?
    Ask anyone with half a brain and they'll say I should be right back in the mix. That's ridiculous. How can anyone say that I would have to work my way up if they know I am the real champion? It's not make believe it really happened, did they forget? Who's the guy right now that the champion really wants to beat? The real champion, me. Hughes knows. I mean, could there be any other? I said it before, I got the the real belt in my drawer at home in my room, Hughes or St. Pierre don't have it, cause its in my drawer. That's the REAL belt. All the guys in the UFC are in there to compete for what's in my drawer at home.

What's your message to all the fans who have been following you since ever since and are so happy to see you back fighting in America again.
    That's why I did it you know, because whenever I went and fought in Japan not that much people could watch me. Now all my friends in Hilo can get the pay per view and watch me fight right off the bat, they don't have to worry if I am in Japan. All they gotta do is grab some beers get the pay per view sit down in their house and they can watch me fight again. That's what I am pumped about.

How does it feel to be back?
    I don't know...haha. I am just ready. I see myself walking through all these guys and doing what I gotta do for these next few years and I will be set. Like my lawyer Raf, he would always tell me, "all you gotta do is win the crowd. Win the fans like a gladiator and right there you're in position to do anything." That's what you gotta do win the fight and then win the crowd.

We're glad to have you back and look forward to seeing BJ Penn V 2.0 in 2006. FOKAI out!
    http://www.fokaidamashii.com/int/int_sub2.htm[/url]
    To Perita Style

Entrevista Bj Penn

tahnjks

Comentario

Entrevista Bj Penn

Asi da gusto, para mejorar se va a entrenar a las mejores academias con los mejores maestros. Es lo q tiene ser un puto crack.

Comentario

Entrevista Bj Penn

BJ Penn es el puto amo

¿Sabeis si sigue con al idea de querer luchar con pesos mayores qel suyo para demostar segun sus palabras se el mejor luchador de MMA?

PARA MUCHOS EL SUELO ES EL FIN, PARA MI SOLO EL PRINCIPIO:

:twisted: :twisted:

Comentario

Entrevista Bj Penn

Si eso no hay quien se lo quite de la cabeza !! :D

Comentario

Entrevista Bj Penn

Seguramente lo es, pero tambien es uno de los más bocazas y eso le va a costar algún disgusto.
            A partir de los 85 Kg. ya no tiene nada q hacer.

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X