Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• entrevista a randy the natural couture

Randy Couture was recently interviewed by Boxing Insider. Here's what Couture had to say (interview by Kal Thompson):

Interviewer: In the first fight between yourself and Liddell, you absolutely dominated the fight in every aspect. You even out boxed him. In the second fight, Liddell defeated you with an early knock out. What strategy do you plan to take with you in the upcoming "rubber match?"

Couture: I think that if I stick with the game plan and stay on him, sooner or later, I'm going to wear him down. I look to beat him, to win. It's still a fight and anything can happen.

Interviewer: Is your plan to take the fight to the ground and stay away from the punches? Or do you plan to try and technically out box Liddell and wait for openings as you did in the first fight?

Couture: Obviously, there is no way to avoid the punches. It's a fight. Anything can happen. I must withstand a certain amount a strikes in order to take him down. I fully intend to be sharp, engage him, and strike with him as long as I need to in order to create the opportunity to take him down. When that time will occur is the question. He doesn't know that and I don't know that either. I have the confidence that I can get to him. The shaper my hands are, the better my striking is, the more effective it's going to be take him down, put him on the ground, make him work, and him pay from there.

Interviewer: Have you been working on your striking with anyone in particular?

Couture: I'm been working on my striking with Ron Frazier who is the assistant boxing coach at UNLV. He's been working extensively with me on my striking. That's been going very well.

Interviewer: Who else have you been training with since your move to Las Vegas?

Couture: I've got a good group of guys to train with on a daily basis. Most notably: Forrest Griffin, Mike Pyle, John and Chris. Frank Mir has been in a few times. Heath Herring has been in a few times. Training has been going really well here in Vegas.

Interviewer: Aside from your upcoming title fight with Chuck Liddell, are there any other matches that you'd love to happen in your career? What about a match-up with the winner of Silva vs. Arona?

Couture: I'm not looking past Chuck. That is the only fight that I'm focused on. Chuck is the guy that is standing in my way.

Interviewer: Some writers and fans have noted that Chuck Liddell's attitude now borders on the line of arrogance. Obviously, his confidence in the octagon is probably at an all-time high. But, some fans who post on the internet boards have stated that they've been alienated by all of the attention that is now focused on Chuck Liddell. There is also a sector of readers who feel alienated by some of the responses that they claim Liddell has given to questions that have been posed in his direction. Is there any animosity between yourself and Chuck Liddell these days?

Couture: No. There is no change in our relationship. I have not seen any evidence that would justify these opinions, personally.

Interviewer: You have been a Champion in both the heavyweight and light-heavyweight UFC divisions. Theoretically, would you be open in the future, to the idea of returning to fight in the heavyweight division?

Couture: I would be open to the idea depending on who the opponent was and the situation. But, I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at right now.

Interviewer: I'm going to put you on the spot. Who is THE best heavyweight fighter in MMA right now?

Couture: I have trouble seeing any of the guys in the heavyweight division hang with Andre Arlovski. He so well rounded. Arlovski is explosive. He's big. He's strong. He's fast. He has all of the tools. It would be real interesting to see him fight Fedor, Nog, any the other top heavyweights in the world right now. Arlovski is the man to beat in my opinion.

Interviewer: So, you would rank him ahead of Fedor?

Couture: I've been very impressed with Fedor and his athletic abilities and his submission abilities. I think it would be a toss-up between those two. I'd love to see that fight, holy cow!

Interviewer: Who are the top 3 light heavyweights in the world? Please feel free to include yourself if you see fit.

Couture: I think you have to include Vanderlei. Chuck is certainly in there. I don't know man. There are a lot of guys out there who are good fighters. You could make a case for several. The top 5 is pretty impressive.

Interviewer: So, would you rank yourself number 1 in the division?

Couture: I'd never do that. Ummm. (laughs)

Interviewer: Ok, ok, at least I tried to put you on the hot seat. (laughs) What's your "down to the round" prediction for your upcoming title fight vs. Chuck Liddell?

Couture: If I have it my way, I can get it done. I'll take it any way it comes. If I can put the pressure on him, I think I can wear him down and get the fight over in 3 or 4 rounds. It's going to be a battle; a war. I know he's going to come and try to use his footwork; stick and move. I have to cut him off, keep the pressure on him, and get to him. However long it takes me will tell the tale.

Interviewer: Thanks for your time Randy. Do you have any final words?

Couture: I'm excited about the fight. I'm ready and I can't wait.

entrevista a randy the natural couture

Thanks.
    To Perita Style

Comentario

Una maquina. el capitan america

Comentario

sin lugar a duda

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X