Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

Actualidad otros deportes de contacto (boxeo, kick, thai, lucha,...)

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Ring Ratings Update (07/11/11)
    Quote:
    by Doug Fischer
    Jul 11th, 2011

The sport enjoyed a busy weekend of boxing but the talk among fight fans around the world, unfortunately, was the awful majority decision that Paul Williams was awarded over Erislandy Lara on Saturday in Atlantic City, N.J.

Williams, a RING-ranked contender at 147, 154 and 160 pounds at various times over the past four years, won the 12-round junior middleweight bout by scores of 116-114, 115-114 and 114-114.

The former two-time welterweight beltholder was far busier than Lara. However, just about everyone who watched the bout, which was televised on HBO in the U.S., believed the skillful Cuban southpaw landed the harder and cleaner punches in every round of the contest and deserved to not only win, but do so by lopsided scores.

HBO commentators Roy Jones Jr. and Max Kellerman openly feared for the health of Williams, who absorbed a frightening number of flush left hands to his head throughout the fight. Kellerman brought up the towering southpawo8217;s imminent retirement a number of times during the broadcast and even stated that the Lara fight could be the last time fans see Williams in the ring before the bout had ended

That remains to be seen, but one thing is certain: Williams, who THE RING ranked No. 3 at middleweight following his second-round KO loss to champ Sergio Martinez last November, has dropped in the magazineo8217;s 160-pound rankings.

o8220;The majority decision in favor of Paul Williams over Erislandy Lara was so egregious, the Editorial Board, with unanimous support from the Advisory Panel, decided the only fair course of action was to promote Lara and demote Williams,o8221; said Nigel Collins, Editor-in-Chief of THE RING. o8220;The horrendous verdict spoiled what had otherwise been a good weekend of boxing and is just the sort of injustice that turns fans away from the sport.o8221;

Williams (40-2, 27 KOs) dropped five places in the middleweight rankings, from No. 3 to No. 8. Lara (15-1-1, 10 KOs) debuted at No. 5 in the junior middleweight rankings on the strength of his excellent showing against Williams.

Lara wasno8217;t the only new face to appear in THE RINGo8217;s 154-pound rankings. Carlos Molina, who held the crafty Cuban to a 10-round draw in February, enters at No. 6 after his upset 10-round decision over previously No. 2-ranked Kermit Cintron on Saturday in Carson, Calif. Cintron, whose lost a four-round technical decision to Williams last May, was dropped from the 154-pound rankings following his listless performance against Molina.

There were other debuts and exits in the ratings following the weekend action, all of which is noted in the Ring Ratings Update:

o12288;

Middleweights: Williams (No. 3 last week) tumbles down to No. 8 following his undeserved decision over Lara at junior middleweight. Williamso8217; demotion bumps up all rated No. 4 through No. 8 last week one spot each.

Junior middleweights: Cintron (No. 2 last week) exits after lackluster loss to Molina, who debuts at No. 6. Cintono8217;s departure allows Alfredo Angulo (No. 3 last week), Saul Alvarez (No. 4 last week), and Vanes Matirosyan (No. 5 last week) to advance one position each, retrospectively. Lara, who was robbed in his fight with Williams, enters at No. 5 on the strength of what actually took place between the ropes. Lara and Molinao8217;s entrances also pushes down Cornelius Bundrage (No. 6 last week), Pawel Wolak (No. 7 last week), and Sergiy Dzinziruk (No. 8 last week) on slot each, while Sechew Powell (No. 9 last week) exits.

Lightweights: Urbano Antillon (No. 8 last week) leaves following the savage beating he absorbed at the hands of Brandon Rios, who reinforced his No. 1 contender position. Antillono8217;s exit allows Miguel Vazquez (No. 9 last week) and Antonio DeMarco (No. 10 last week) to climb one rung each. Filling the void is Jorge Linares, new at No. 10.

Featherweights: Elio Rojas (No. 7 last week) leaves due to the fact he has not fought in more than a year. Rojaso8217; departure lifts Jhonny Gonzalez (No. 9 last week) and Mikey Garcia (No. 10 last week) on spot each, and makes room for Jorge Lacierva at No. 10.

Junior featherweights: Rico Ramos debuts at No. 2, thanks to his one-punch kayo of Akifumi Shimoda, who falls form No. 2 to No. 3. All others rated No. 3 through No. 6 slip one place each, while Ricardo Cordoba (No. 7 last week) exits.

Comentario

• Rios vs Antillon Post Fight Comments
      Quote:
      WBA lightweight champion Brandon o8220;Bam Bamo8221; Rios (28-0-1, 20 KOs) retained his world title Saturday night with a devastating offensive onslaught, recording a third-round stoppage over Urbano Antillon (28-3, 20 KOs) at The Home Depot Center on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING. With the crowd on its feet the entire fight chanting loudly for their favorite fighter, both Rios and Antillon came out swinging in a toe-to-toe battle. Rios knocked Antillon down with a devastating left hook for the first of two knockdowns at the start of the third round. It was a shot Antillon would never recover from. Moments later he added an overhand right hand that that sent him to the floor face first. The end came when referee David Mendoza waved if off after Antillon stumbled toward his corner at 2:49 in the third round.
      o8220;We knew going in that whoever could take the best punch would win,o8221; Rios said afterward. o8220;Tonight I was faster and tougher for the couple of rounds we had. I had power in both hands.o8221;
      Antillon said he was never able to recover from the first knockdown. o8220;That left hook caught me on the top of the head and it devastated me,o8221; he said. o8220;I was never the same after the first knock down. Rios punches very hard. I just got caught and I was never able to recover.o8221;
      SHOWTIME expert commentator Al Bernstein was duly impressed with Rios and the power his punches packed. o8220;When you punch like that and when you have a chin like Rios does, ito8217;s going to be very hard to beat this man,o8221; he said during the telecast.
      Rios is ready for anyone his promoter Bob Arum puts in front of him next. o8220;We watched tape and saw the mistakes heo8217;s made over his last few fights and capitalized,o8221; he said. o8220;I took my anger for him into the ring. I thought he might make it into the later rounds but he didno8217;t. Io8217;ll fight anybody at 135 o8212; Marco Antonio Barrera or any of the big names. o8221;
      In the co-feature, Carlos Molina (19-4-2, 6 KOs) outworked former IBF welterweight world champion Kermit Cintron (32-4-1, 28 KOs), who was fighting for the first time in 16 months, in a 10-round junior middleweight clash in what many considered an upset, identical on all three cards, 98-92.
      Molina, of Michoacán, México, used an array of jabs and body shots to outwork Cintron, of Carolina, Puerto Rico, in his dominating victory.
      o8220;I was never hurt, thank God,o8221; Molina said. o8220;I was prepared and ready. I didno8217;t think about [Cintron's] ring rust. Io8217;ve had to deal with two years of ring rust in my career. You still have to prepare to fight.o8221;
      Said Cintron: o8220;It was a tough fight. Io8217;ve had a lot of them. It is what it is.o8221;
      His trainer, the legendary Ronnie Shields said there were o8220;no excuses.o8221; o8220;He couldno8217;t get off. I asked for more punches but they never came.o8221;
      Opening up the telecast on Saturday, SHOWTIME fans got to see Romanian-born Lucian Bute (29-0) of Montreal, Canada, retain his IBF super middleweight title by knocking out Jean-Paul Mendy (29-1-1) of France in the fourth round at the Romexpo in Bucharest, Romania. It was a left by Bute that led to the knockout where the Frenchman was counted out by referee Marlon Wright at 2:48 in the fourth round. It was Buteo8217;s eighth defense of the title he won in 2007, but the first time he fought in Romania since 2005.
      Saturday nighto8217;s telecast will re-air Tuesday, July 12, at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME Extreme. It will also be available On-Demand: July 12-July 25, 2011
      Gus Johnson (blow-by-blow), Bernstein called the action with Jim Gray reporting from ringside. The executive producer is David Dinkins Jr. with Ray Smaltz producing and Bob Dunphy directing

Comentario

• enorme brandon rios ¡¡¡ la pelea estuvo muy guapa mientras antillón no recibió ningun aguijón,en cuanto chupó la primea seria se veía que el pescao estaba vendido...buenos 25 añitos el amigo rios.

Comentario

• A mí me decepcionó un poco ya que se me hizo corta, esperaba una guerra mucho más larga teniendo los antecedentes de mandíbula granítica de Antillón, sabía que Ríos pegaba fuerte, pero no tanto...la verdad es que me ha sorprendido.Este Ríos es un elemento de cuidado...

Dice que va a subir welter jr., ahora Humberto Soto va a subir (tengo la sospecha de que Soto está huyendo de Ríos), y podremos ver el combate que no pudimos ver en la velada de Pac vs Mosley debido a que Soto se cambió de promotor a última hora.En esa división también está Marcos Maidana...Eso si que es un peleón y la verdad no sé quien ganaría...

Por cierto Kicke viste al final el de Cintrón? Me parece que hubo un upset y lo dejaron Ko asique a lo mejor me veo el combate je je...

Comentario

• NEW JERSEY STATE ATHLETIC CONTROL BOARD SUSPENDS WILLIAMS VS. LARA JUDGES; Fury-Chisora - Boxing News

Comentario

• me lo bajé y no me dejaba verlo,creo que por ser mkv ,ahí lo tengo aun,voy a investigarlo un poco, que ya me has dejado con las ganas.

Comentario

• Para mkv bajate el vlc player kicke

Comentario

• Hazle caso Kicke...

Comentario

• El campeón mundial de K-1 y MMA Alistair Overeem podría intentar una carrera como boxeador profesional:

Igual que dije que a Badr Hari le doy sus posibilidades, a este no le doy ni media para verlo competir a un nivel decente, lo que no hizo Sefo no lo va a hacer Roidereem.En cualquier caso, colgaremos todos sus combates e iremos viendo su evolución, nunca se sabe...

Comentario

• cagondié ¡¡¡

mira que yo usaba hace ya años el videolan... pero tras el tipico formateo se me fué de la cabeza y no lo instalé nunca mas, gracias chavales

colacao, ¿como va tu cursillo de streaming? jejeje

Comentario

• aquí hata el tato se quere meter a boxear...como si fuése una empresa facilmente factible... desde luego el money manda de todas todas en estas decisiones;pankra parece que llevas razón en el tema de salarios,la diferencia entre un bexeador regulero (a lo que llegan la mayoría ed los que se pasan o pasen) y un mma fighter de elite debe ser abismal,porque sinó no entiendo.

overeem boxeando... es que me suena a chiste os lo juro

Comentario

• No comparemos el boxeo de Hari con el de Overeem, por favor! Yo, con la mano en el corazón, no le doy ni media posibilidad en boxeo en cuanto le empiece a caer algún coco, sin mandíbula, sin esquiva, sin footwork, demasiadas carencias, creo yo. En K-1 no es tan dura la competencia y ha conseguido aportar algo que lo ha puesto al nivel de los top, pero recordemos como ganó ese K-1 gp y contra quien se enfrentó... A 12 asaltos y peleando contra los verdaderos top, le doy muy pocas posibilidades.

Comentario

• Video: Klitschko Brothers on Haye Rematch, Belts & Retirement

http://ironforgesiron.com/2011/07/video-klitschko-brothers-on-haye-rematch-belts-retirement/

Comentario

• A los aficionados al boxeo por lo general como quizás habréis observado nos parece que cuantos más entren mejor, nos la suda si "faltan al respeto al deporte" como si no...más chicha, pues mejor que mejor...

Comentario

• pankra parece que llevas razón en el tema de salarios,la diferencia entre un bexeador regulero (a lo que llegan la mayoría ed los que se pasan o pasen) y un mma fighter de elite debe ser abismal,porque sinó no entiendo.
                                Y se nota más si cabe a niveles bajos.El boxeo es mucho más rentable y da más oportunidades de trabajo a los que empiezan desde abajo y sin un duro.Los salarios y la cantidad de peleas que te dan en promociones de mma locales y demás son paupérrimos.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X