Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

Actualidad otros deportes de contacto (boxeo, kick, thai, lucha,...)

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• tienes parte de razón que no pienso rebatirte.Pero también a los americanos les mola la peña que revienta paredes a cabezazos,gente espectacular que enamora o desquicia con sólo coger un guante o un micrófono y los Klitschkos son pobres en toda esa performance.Son reservones(sumamente inteligentes)dentro de las cuerdas y sosos fuera de ellas.A mí personalmente me encanta Vitali dentro y fuera en la mayoría de las ocasiones.PEro no se vale echarle la culpa al patriotismo americano.Los Klitschko,por culpa de las circunstancias de la categoría, son aburribles
    Si pero sabes que si fueran americanos los yankis los elevavan al olimpo.

Comentario

• Serían la gran esperanza blanca que tantos años ansían.Pero son rusos=malos.

Comentario

• Roach Wants Khan To Face Bradley, Then Mayweather

by Rick Reeno

Freddie Roach, trainer of WBA 140-pound champion Amir Khan, wants his boxer to clean out the junior welterweight division, and then move up to welterweight to face Floyd Mayweather Jr.

During the last few weeks, there has been a lot of discussion regarding a possible fight between Khan and Mayweather in 2012. On Saturday at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Khan is facing IBF champion Zab Judah. If Khan defeats Judah, then Roach wants to target a fight with WBC/WBO champion Timothy Bradley.

"We still have one more guy that we want to fight in the 140-pound division, Bradley. I'd rather clean this division out, unify the titles and then move up," Roach told BoxingScene.com.

Bradley was the original target for this Saturday's event. After weeks of negotiations, Bradley rejected a lucrative deal to face Khan. Based on the recent turn of events, Bradley could be facing an extended stay on the sidelines. The boxer is involved in a legal battle with his co-promoters Gary Shaw and Ken Thompson.

"Mayweathers, Bradleys.....why do they talk so much but they don't sign any contracts? It's amazing to me. We need the best to fight the best and I think I would love to see that [fight]. Hopefully it happens," Roach said.

Source

Comentario

• After Lara fight, forget Martinez-Williams III

Before Paul Williams received an absolute gift of a majority decision against Erislandy Lara on July 9 in Atlantic City, N.J. -- a decision deemed so atrocious that New Jersey State Athletic Control Board commissioner Aaron Davis suspended the three judges (Hilton Whitaker, Don Givens and Al Bennett) who rendered the horrible decision -- he said he hoped to next meet middleweight champ Sergio Martinez in a rubber match.

Williams, of course, claimed a controversial majority decision against Martinez in their fabulous December 2009 slugfest and then was rendered unconscious by one punch in the second round of their November 2010 rematch for the title.

After the "win" against Lara, Williams (40-2, 27 KOs) again proclaimed his desire to face Martinez (47-2-2, 26 KOs) a third time, assuming Martinez defeats England's Darren Barker (23-0, 14 KOs) in an Oct. 1 defense in Atlantic City. Martinez, the heavy favorite, and Barker will meet head-to-head at a news conference in New York on Wednesday to kick off the promotion.

"We definitely want Martinez before I go on out," Williams said after the fight with Lara. "I think the fans want to see it. I think you all want to see it, so why not?"

I don't agree with Williams. I don't know anyone who really wants to see them in the ring together again, especially after how badly Williams was knocked out by Martinez and how he looked against Lara -- yet another southpaw (like Martinez) who gave him all kinds of problems.

Even Dan Goossen, Williams' promoter, who advocated a third fight -- on pay-per-view, no less -- with Martinez before the Lara fight, has backed off his stance. He has steadfastly maintained since the fight that he wants Williams to face a right-hander next.

Moreover, Martinez and his team have no interest in a third fight with Williams at this point.

"I will say [Williams] should reconsider his wish, because he will get killed," Sampson Lewkowicz, Martinez's sage adviser, told me the other day. "He is a good kid, but money will not buy him health. He can get hurt, really hurt. I don't want it and the champion doesn't want it. I believe it will be a massacre. This is a beautiful sport, very noble, and it would be a total mismatch at this moment.

"I don't believe the champion will accept a third fight, because he is a great champion. All the time he has taken on the best opponent available that HBO will accept. Paul Williams is 50 percent of what he used to be. How can anyone want to see that mismatch? He went down like the stock market. Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez stated he will not fight Paul Williams a third time because he would not like to hurt him or take him away. He will not hurt him anymore."

Lou DiBella, Martinez's promoter, also has no interest in that third fight with Williams.

"I don't have to say much because, for obvious reasons, I haven't gotten any calls from Dan or [Williams' adviser] Al Haymon about it," DiBella said. "I still have a tremendous amount of respect for Paul Williams, but I think it would be ill-advised to fight that third fight. We're certainly not going to press for it. Goossen and Al are smart people and [trainer] George Peterson cares about the kid, so I don't expect them to press for the fight."

Lara, meanwhile, has been overwhelmed by the support he has received in the wake of the so-called defeat. He sent an open letter thanking the public and media.

Here's the letter:

I want to thank you for all the support and joy you have brought to me and my family over the last week. After being robbed of the biggest win of my career, I didn't know what was next, but after hearing all the support of everybody I can't help but smile and keep my head high. I know July 9 was the biggest victory of my career.

So I just want to let the world know I'm OK, my head is healed completely from the head-butts, and I'm just kicking back with my family enjoying my victory because it's the people who I care for who show me love. Thanks to my family, fans, friends, my team, HBO and, last but not least, all the media members!

I plan to return by the end of the year in a meaningful fight and once again put on a great show for the fans. I hope Paul Williams recovers well from the blows he received on July 9, and if he wants me to give him an opportunity to clear the record, I am willing to do it tomorrow or whenever he recovers. If not, I wish him all the luck in the future. Once again, I appreciate all the support. You all have a warm place in my heart. Thank you!

Sincerely,
          Erislandy Lara

Comentario

• Este sábado 23 de julio en el Mandalay Bay de Las Vegas se disputará la unificación del peso superligero entre el campeón de la Asociación Mundial de Boxeo (AMB) el británico Amir Khan (25-1, 17 nocauts) y el campeón de la Federación Internacional de Boxeo (FIB) el estadounidense Zab Judah (41-6, 28 nocauts).
            El británico es favorito para imponerse al veterano estadounidense, Judah se ganó la oportunidad mundialista tras imponerse a los puntos en una decisión muy polémica en pelea eliminatoria al argentino Lucas Matthysse, el inglés no quiso olvidar en su declaraciones esa pelea y manifestó: “Creo que voy a ganar la pelea de cualquier forma, porque si llegamos a los puntos voy a asegurarme de hacer lo suficiente para convencer a los jueces. Cuando Judah le ganó a Matthysse muchos vieron ganar al argentino y otros a Judah. Yo voy a asegurarme de que todos me vean ganar a mí para evitar dudas”.
            Khan manifestó: “Judah es un boxeador muy habilidoso. Para esta pelea creo que puedo esperar que el vaya hacia adelante para tratar de pelear. Tendremos que manejar eso”, pronosticó Khan. “Se trata de pegar y no ser golpeado, eso es lo que intentaremos hacer”.
            La categoría superligera es una categoría plagada de grandes boxeadores, al ser preguntado sobre quien sería su siguiente rival en caso de vencer el próximo sábado, afirmó: “Después de Judah la pelea lógica tendría que ser con Timothy Bradley, pero es obvio que el no quiere pelear conmigo y me ha estado evitando, así que lo más seguro es que suba a las 147 libras, a no ser que él acepte pelear, para pelear contra Floyd Mayweather”.
            Judah manifestó: ”Conseguí lo que quería y por lo tanto me siento feliz. Ahora es tiempo de trabajar”, “He estado rezando sobre esta pelea. Mi objetivo es ser campeón indiscutible en dos categorías. Lo hice en las 147 libras y voy a lograrlo en las 140 comenzando ante Amir Khan. Voy a trabajar duro. Soy muy experimentado, y lo que traiga a la pelea podré anularlo y superarlo”.

Los boletos para la pelea son de 400 dólares, 300 dólares, 200 dólares, 100 dólares y 50 dólares saldrán a la venta este jueves 9 de junio a las 10:00 a.m. y estarán disponibles para su compra en todas las localidades de Ticketmaster en Las Vegas (selectas Smith’s Food, Drug Centers y Ritmo Latino). Para comprarlos por teléfono con una tarjeta de crédito, llame a Ticketmaster al (800) 745-3000. Los boletos también estarán disponibles para su compra en el www.mandalaybay.com o www.ticketmaster.com.

Comentario

• Peleón ¡¡¡ digno de la presencia online en directo de pankra...una pena... lo veré al día siguiente,domingo cargadito.

Comentario

• pavel wolack melvin roriguez peleon enorme ¡¡¡

un polaco maldito 10 rounds ed presión continua y absoluta en todo momento d los 10 rounds y melvin a la contra,soltando precisos golpes,peleón en toda regla,el mayority draw una cagada,reconozco el meritazo ycojones del polaco,pero quien enchufó mas ymejor fué el otro;brutal como quedo de deformado ya no el ojo,sino todo el lateral derecho de la caa del polaco.

Comentario

• Yo también se lo hubiese dado ligeramente a Rodríguez, aunque fué una pelea muy igualada.

Comentario

• Ring Ratings Update (07/19/11)
                    Quote:
                    by Doug Fischer

Apart from Juan Manuel Marquez, who scored an easy first-round KO in a tune-up bout for his November showdown with Manny Pacquiao on Saturday, the elite fighters of the sport were not in action over the weekend.

However, three entertaining bouts that took place resulted in substantial movement within THE RING’s divisional ratings.

The best fight of the weekend was the 10-round junior middleweight bout between RING-rated Pawel Wolak and former welterweight contender Delvin Rodriguez that took place in New York City on Friday. Wolak, who was rated No. 8 coming into the ESPN2-televised fight, and Rodriguez fought to a brutal and exciting majority draw.

While Wolak, who fought with a grotesquely swollen right eye, did not lose, the streaking Polish pressure fighter failed to win his ninth consecutive bout against a huge underdog that he was expected to beat. The slight setback caused him to drop one notch in THE RING’s 154-pound rankings.

“Despite the fact that Powell Wolak engaged in a thrilling 10-round draw with Delvin Rodriguez, it should be remembered that Rodriguez was 1-3 in his previous four fights, had not fought in almost a year, and was making his junior middleweight debut,” said Nigel Collins, Editor-in-Chief of THE RING. “Therefore, a slight demotion for Wolak was in order.”

The British lightweight showdown between John Murray and Kevin Mitchell that took place in Liverpool, England on Saturday was another good scrap. Mitchell upset the odds and rebounded from his first career loss -- a third-round TKO to Michael Katsidis last May -- by handing Murray, THE RING’s No. 4-rated lightweight, his first pro defeat via eighth-round stoppage.

The stirring victory earned Mitchell reentry into THE RING’s lightweight rankings at No. 5, right behind the only man to have defeated him in the pro ranks. Murray, who was lobbying for a shot at WBA beltholder Brandon Rios, dropped to No. 10.

“The reason that Kevin Mitchell did not take over the No. 4 ranking that John Murray held prior to their match is because Mitchell had been stopped by Michael Katsidis is his previous fight,” said Collins. “THE RING and the majority of Ratings Advisory Panel members responding this week felt it was only fair that Katsidis remain above Mitchell.”

The third notable bout of the weekend, Brian Viloria’s challenge to WBO flyweight beltholder Julio Cesar Miranda in Honolulu, Hawaii, on Saturday, probably went unnoticed by most fans (living outside of Hawaii), but it was the most significant of the three.

Viloria, who was THE RING’s No. 5-rated junior flyweight going into the fight, scored a unanimous decision over Miranda, the magazine’s No. 7-rated 112-pound contender.

The victory made Viloria, who previously held two major 108-pound belts, a three-time, two-division titleholder. It also earned the 30-year-old veteran the No. 6 spot in THE RING’s flyweight rankings.

Ring ratings update:

Junior middleweights: Wolak (No. 8 last week) slips to No. 9 following his action-packed draw with Rodriguez, while Sergiy Dzinziruk (No. 9 last week) moves up to No. 8.

Lightweights: Mitchell reentered the rating at No. 5, thanks to his upset knockout of previously undefeated Murray, who entered the bout at No. 4. Murray tumbles to No. 10 following his loss. Murray’s demotion also pushes out Jorge Linares (No. 10 last week). The realignment also allows Michael Katsidis to advance from No. 5 to No. 4.

Flyweights: Viloria crashes the 112-pound ranks at No. 6 with a hard-fought decision over Miranda, who falls to No. 10. Miranda’s demotion also bumps out Juan Carlos Reveco (No. 10 last week).

Junior flyweights: Viloria (No. 5 last week) departs to campaign at flyweight. His exits allows all rated No. 6 and below last week to climbs one rung each and makes room for Ryo Miyazaki to debut at No. 10.
                    Source

Comentario

• Mayweather holds court with the Brits

Unbeaten Floyd Mayweather knows how to captivate an audience, which is exactly what the six-time titleholder did during an open workout Friday at his own Las Vegas gym. Mayweather, in his early preparation for a fight against Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17, trained before an exclusive gathering of British media and a busload of British fans who chartered a coach to his training facility.
                      They are in Las Vegas to witness Saturday night's Amir Khan-Zab Judah fight at the Mandalay Bay Hotel.
                      Mayweather discussed his victory over Judah I 2006, his 10th-round knockout of former English belt-holder Ricky Hatton the following year and the prospect of facing Manny Pacquiao, as well as the Filipino icon’s date with Juan Manuel Marquez on Nov. 12. Mayweather easily outpointed Marquez in 2009.
                      The Las Vegas resident also addressed comparisons of himself to Hall of Famer Pernell Whitaker, a man known for his wizardry who now trains Judah.
                      Below are some of Mayweather's comments.
                      Comparing himself to Pacquiao: "They said I was too big for Marquez, but not too big for Pacquiao. But they [Pacquiao and Marquez] are the same size. So I don’t understand. How can I not be rated No. 1 if I haven’t been beaten?
                      But I am not worried about the Pacquiao thing at all. I can do whatever I want in this sport. I don’t worry about the pound-for pound thing. I don’t rate myself. I just go out and perform and look good and try to impress the fans and to be victorious.
                      What makes me not the best? You’ve got this guy that people rate [Pacquiao] and he’s already been beaten."
                      On facing Manny Pacquiao or Amir Khan: “Floyd Mayweather is in the sport to give great performances. And I must be happy myself before I can make anyone else happy. The fans would love to see me fight anybody. The British fans would love to see me fight Amir Khan. I'm pretty sure the Filipino fans would want to see me fight Pacquiao. The American fans would love to see me fight anybody."
                      On how his body is holding up at 34 and why he came back: "I still feel good, I’m focused, my mind is sharp and I’m as hungry as Day One. I have the will to win, to be the best. Five years ago I was undefeated. I’m still undefeated. What triggered me to come back this time, I went to the Victor Ortiz fight. I was so excited, I spent the whole night shadow boxing afterwards. I don’t want just be a great champion, but a great father too."
                      On his secret to remaining at the top: "Being a smart, defensive fighter. At first, they said a defensive fighter is a boring fighter, but I don't think a boring fighter would be breaking records like I have done in the sport of boxing. To hold the record for the highest gate and pay per view? I love the fans in the United Kingdom. I go over there and train, and 5,000 fans show up. It's truly marvelous. Unbelievable."
                      On who is better defensively, Whitaker or him: "He was a hell of a defensive fighter and I'm a defensive fighter. Two different styles. He lasted a long time in the sport, and I have lasted a long time. I want him to go out there and get more fighters and become one of the best trainers in the sport."
                      Specifically on Khan: "Amir Khan came here [to Mayweather’s gym] and he trained with my uncle Roger a few times. Good young fighter."
                      On whether Khan has been tested: "I don't know. You don't know what can happen in this sport. You see a lot of crazy things happen in the sport of boxing. I wish both guys all the best on Saturday."
                      On the fact that Khan has expressed the desire to fight him: "In the fight game, everybody wants to fight Floyd Mayweather. We take one fight at a time, and he must get past the obstacle that’s in front of him, and then we’ll go from there. I’ve watched him fight once and seen some highlights.
                      He was taking shots towards the end against Marcos Maidana. I like him, but it’s not anything we haven’t seen before in the sport of boxing. When you are facing me, you have reached the pinnacle."
                      On Judah: “Zab has a legendary trainer. Whitaker knows what it’s like to be in the crunch. Experience plays a major, major part in a fight of this magnitude. Zab Judah has been in there with everybody."
                      On the Judah-Khan fight: "I think that on Saturday night, the best man will win. It’s going to come down to who wants it more, who is the smarter fighter, who has the better chin. The best man will win. I can’t say. I’ve been in there with Zab Judah before at 147. He was the undisputed champion at 147, and he was a champion at 140, and both are explosive fighters. It’s a good fight to watch.
                      “I have been really focused on my fight, so I don't know who wins between Amir Khan and Zab Judah. I've been telling them 'make sure you run my commercial during the fight.'"
                      On whether Americans will take to Khan: "You really don’t know. I just happened to be blessed and have a fan base in both places. With the right team and dedicating yourself to the sport, anything can happen. Anything is possible."
                      On potentially fighting in England: "Hopefully soon. To be where I’m at in the sport, at the top, and still dominating 15 or 16 years later. I would love to come and fight at Wembley [Stadium]. Fingers crossed, we can only hope for the best. When [Khan] worked with Roger, he looked pretty good. Young, strong fighter. I never sparred with him. He’s an OK fighter. I’ve got to do what I do best and dedicate myself to my job – which is to be the best."
                      On Hatton: “Ricky Hatton was a warrior. I take my hat off to him. He was a true warrior. We will miss him in boxing. The fans can sing for me now, though. He was a real no-holds-barred aggressive fighter."
                      Comparing Britons Hatton, Khan and Lennox Lewis: "Amir Khan is a more jumpy fighter. Ricky Hatton was too, but he was real, real aggressive. They are different styles. You had Lennox Lewis, then Hatton now Amir Khan. I’m pretty sure there will be an up-and-coming British fighter next."

Comentario

• Eliminatoria CMB: Martirosyan vs “Perro” Angulo

El Consejo Mundial de Boxeo (CMB) ha anunciado que ha ordenado una pelea eliminatoria para ganarse la oportunidad de disputar el cinturón superwelter en poder del Saúl “Canelo” Álvarez, dicha eliminatoria será entre Vanes Martirosyan y Alfredo “Perro” Angulo.El Consejo Mundial de Boxeo ha ordenado el período de libres negociaciones,Vanes Martirosyan, de Armenia, (30-0-0, 19 KO´s) conquistó el Campeonato Plata de peso Superwelter del WBC en un espectacular nocaut contra Saúl Román.
                        Alfredo Angulo, de México, (19-1-0, 16 KO´s) venció a Joachim Alcine, en su última pelea en un impresionante nocaut en el primer round. Si no hay un acuerdo en el período de libres negociaciones, se llevará a cabo una subasta en las Oficinas Ejecutivas del WBC en la Ciudad de México el 19 de Agosto de 2011.

Comentario

• Esta noche Orlando Salido vs Yamaguchi

Esta noche en Obregón (México) vuelve a pelear el mexicano Orlando Salido después de que el pasado 16 de abril protagonizase la mayor sorpresa del año al acabar con el invicto puertorriqueño Juan Manuel López , en esta ocasión regresa para exponer su cinturón mundial pluma de la Organización Mundial de Boxeo (OMB) frente al japonés Kenichi Yamaguchi.El mexicano Salido (35-11-2, con 23 nocauts) es favorito ante un púgil que tiene la gran desventaja de su poca pegada (17-1-2, 4KO), solamente ha ganado 4 combates por nocaut y viendo la últimas actuaciones de los jueces favoreciendo a los púgiles locales resulta poco probable una victoria a los puntos del japonés, además el mexicano pelea ante su público y no puede desperdiciar la oportunidad de cobrar una gran bolsa en un segundo combate frente Juan Manuel López.
                          En la cermonia de pesaje no hubo problemas, Salido afirmó: “Ya pasamos el peso que era uno de nuestros pendientes, ahora nada más pensar en la pelea, y como ya les dije a todos mis seguidores, me voy a entregar al cien para dar una gran pelea y poder ganar”.
                          Sobre su favoritismo declaró: “No me gusta pronosticar, hablar antes de la pelea, porque todo puede pasar, pero lo que si les aseguro es que van a ver una gran pelea, porque a mí me gusta ir siempre para adelante”.

El japonés afirmó: “Yo vengo aquí para ganar, lo único que tengo en mente es el campeonato, respeto a Salido, pero creo que tenemos oportunidad de ganar”.Orlando Salido 126 libras, Kenichi Yamaguchi 126

Comentario

• Sorry ando desactualizado la primera defensa de Salido ante el japonés fué anoche xD Intentaré colgarla en la sección de vídeos esta tarde.

Comentario

• Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Ponce de León

El invicto ex campeón pluma de la Asociación Mundial de Boxeo (AMB), el cubano Yuriorkis Gamboa y el ex campeón supergallo de la Organización Mundial de Boxeo (OMB), el mexicano Daniel Ponce de León se enfrentarán en una de las peleas más emocionantes de la temporada, el sábado 10 de septiembre en el Adrian Phillips Ballroom ubicado en el Boardwalk Hall de Atlantic City.
                              El combate pautado a doce asaltos será televisado en vivo por el programa “Boxeo de Campeonato Mundial” de la cadena HBO, comenzando a las 10:30 ET/PT (Diferido en la costa este de los E.U.).
                              En una promoción de Top Rank, en asociación con Arena Box U.S.. Golden Boy Promotions, Ceasar Atlantic City y patrocinado por Tecate, boletos para Gamboa vs De León, con precios de $250, $100 y $50 estarán a la venta a partir de este próximo viernes 22 de julio y podrán ser comprados en la boletería del Boardwalk Hall, llamando a Ticketmaster al (800)-736-1420 o en www.ticketmaster.com.

“Quiero enfrentar a Ponce de León. Esta será la tercera ocasión corrida en la que me enfrento a un campeón o ex campeón mundial de México” dijo Yuriorkis Gamboa. “Sé que México tiene una gran historia de campeones mundiales, pero también Cuba la tiene. Acepto esta oportunidad para seguir probando que soy uno de los mejores peleadores libra-por-libra del mundo. Yo no voy a defraudar a mis fanáticos”.
                              Gamboa (20-0, 16 KO’s), de Miami, Florida, capturó el oro olímpico para el Queipo cubano en el 2004. Desertó a la libertad en el 2007, el mismo año en el que realizó su debut como profesional. Dos años y catorce combates luego ganó el campeonato interino peso pluma de la AMB cuando paró a José Rojas en diez asaltos. De inmediato fue elevado a campeón mundial por completo, Gamboa defendió con éxito el título de la AMB en cinco ocasiones en su reinado de dos años, incluyendo la unificación que ganó por decisión ante el campeón de la Federación Internacional e Boxeo (FIB), Orlando Salido.
                              De León (41-3, 34 Ko’s), de Huntington Park, California, representó a su nativo México en las olimpiadas del 2000. Realizó su debut como profesional en el 2001 ganando 26 de sus primeros 27 combates, llegando solo uno a la distancia. De León capturó el vacante título supergallo de la OMB en octubre 29, 2005 al ganar una decisión unánime sobre el hasta entonces invicto Sod Looknongyantony y lo defendió exitosamente en seis ocasiones en un reinado de tres años como campeón. Desde que perdió el título ante Juanma López en el 2008, De León ha ganado siete de sus últimas ocho peleas en su campaña en el peso pluma, incluyendo combates eliminatorios para títulos de la AMB y OMB ante Roynet Caballero en el 2009 y Antonio Escalera en el 2010, respectivamente
                              Para más información sobre Top Rank y Yuriorkis Gamboa, visita www.TopRank.com, síguenos en Twitter en http://www.Twitter.com/trboxeo y entra a nuestra página de Facebook http://www.Facebook.com/trboxeo

Comentario

• Ojo con este rival para Gamboa, el mejicano es un pegador brutal y a Gamboa se le a achacado tener una mandíbula sospechosa y descuidar la defensa en los intercambios (pese a tener buena defensa de natural, se vuelve muy loco a veces), no en vano ya a tenido alguna caída ante pegadores menores.Probablemente Top Rank quiere verlo perder frente al tipo que fué derrotado ante Juanma López en su primera captura de el título mundial del portoriqueño, para así hypear más una futura pelea entre el cubano y el zurdo boricua.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X