Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

Actualidad otros deportes de contacto (boxeo, kick, thai, lucha,...)

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Originalmente escrito por Pankration Ver mensaje
    Julio César Chávez (Padre) afirmó en plan coloquial que Martínez de “Maravilla” no tiene nada y que es un boxeador apestoso.
    BOCACHANCLA

la que le van a dar al invento de marketing que es su hijo...

Comentario

• Solo te digo Pica que en la pregunta de los mejores a los que a derrotado tienes la respuesta.

Vitali en otra época tendría un 55-10 un 57-8 cositas así, LO QUE YA ES BASTANTE EH!!

Parece que les ninguneamos pero no, simplemente los ponemos es un escalón histórico que les corresponde, yo lo pondría en un hipotético top 15 de los pesados, y al hermano top 20.

Comentario

• colacao!!! se ve que estas contento hoy, no se a que se debe tu euforia pero no hay que ir regalando puestos en el top 20 de la historia

Comentario

• Demasiado alto no? Jajajaja diselo a Pica si tienes huevos!!!

Comentario

• jajajaj ellos cuando viajan lo hacen siempre con seur, nunca falla en el envio de sus paketes

Comentario

• Oye pankra me puedes explicar asi a groso modo por que no se lleva a cabo el manny vs floyd? tiene algo que ver con pruebas de dopaje de cara a la pelea o algo asi? es que algo asi es lo que habia escuchado
              Ese tema se zanjó ya que Manny aceptó.Ahora el tema está en la repartición del dinero.Hace poco Manny dijo que aceptaría una repartición de la bolsa menor en un 60/40, pero ahora ha vuelto a la oferta inicial de 50/50, y Mayweather ahora dice que jamás aceptará una oferta al cincuenta por ciento.

Yo después de ver esa entrevista no tengo muchas esperanzas de ver el combate...

Comentario

• J
                Juanma: Gamboa Made a Big Mistake Taking Rios Fight

Juanma: GBy Keith Idec

Juan Manuel Lopez thinks Yuriorkis Gamboa should skip his April 14 fight against Brandon Rios, too.

Lopez said before Gamboa bailed on a press conference Monday in Miami to promote that fight that the unbeaten Gamboa shouldnメt have agreed to face Rios.

"I think him going up to 135 is not a real smart thing to do," Lopez told BoxingScene.com. "I think thereメs a lot of good fights here at 126 that he couldメve done."

If Gamboa goes forward with the lightweight fight, Lopez predicted he would lose because the rugged Rios (29-0-1, 22 KOs) is too big and too strong for the former featherweight champion.

"I think heメs making a mistake by going up there," Lopez said of Gamboa moving up two divisions. "I know Rios has problems making 135, and thatメs what theyメre hoping, that he kills himself to make that weight. But at the end of the day, heメs just a bigger, stronger guy and I donメt think itメs so smart to jump up to that division."

Lopez (31-1, 28 KOs) will try to avenge his lone loss Saturday night in San Juan, Puerto Rico, where heメll meet Mexicoメs Orlando Salido (37-11-2, 25 KOs) in a highly anticipated featherweight championship rematch of their April 16 bout in Bayamon, Puerto Rico (Showtime; 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT). He holds out hope, however, that heメll eventually get to battle Gamboa (21-0, 16 KOs) in a fight that his loss to Salido sabotaged last year.

"Iメm disappointed, because I always wanted that fight," Lopez said regarding boxing Gamboa. "Sometimes itメs not in your hands. Sometimes itメs in the promoterメs hands, that donメt want to do it or whatever. I wish we wouldメve fought and I still hope we fight one day." Sourceamboa Made a Big Mistake Taking Rios Fight

uanmJuanma: Gamboa Made a Big Mistake Taking Rios Fight
                a: Gamboa Made a Big Mistake Taking Rios Fight

Comentario

• Exclusive: Gamboa says he won't fight Rios unless the deal is right

The attorney for THE RING's No. 1-rated featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa said the former Cuban Olympic gold medalist won't fight the magazine's No. 1-rated lightweight, Brandon Rios, on April 14 on HBO unless he is "operating under terms that are satisfactory" regarding his contract with co-promoters Top Rank Inc. and Ahmet Oner.
                  Gamboa (21-0, 16 knockouts) did not show up for a noon press conference on Monday at the Versailles Restaurant in Miami, Fla., and said that he will not be present at the Los Angeles presser at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel's Crystal Ballroom today.
                  "No," Gamboa said when asked if he would attend the L.A. press conference on Tuesday. "There's no contract and there is no fight."

Gamboa spoke to RingTV.com from Las Vegas, where he arrived on Sunday and has been training at the gym owned by WBC welterweight titleholder Floyd Mayweather Jr. Gamboa's interview was translated by his wife, Maria Cabrera.
                  "Whenever everything is clear with my contract, that's when the fight will happen, but right now I'm not under the terms that I want the fight to happen," Gamboa told RingTV.com. "I don't have a problem with HBO, and I hope that HBO doesn't have a problem with me either because everything that's happening with me, I didn't choose to be in the position I'm in right now.

"But this is the time to do this, because if I don't stand up for myself, nobody else is going to do it. I never thought that things would wind up this way, but there was never a contract and there was never a signature from Gamboa agreeing to fight with Brandon Rios on April 14."
                  Gamboa contends that he has never been happy with the terms of the deal and that he has not signed a bout agreement to face Rios (29-0-1, 22 KOs), with whom he is scheduled to fight for the vacant WBA lightweight belt at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas.
                  Gamboa's lawyer, Sekou Gary, says his client is willing to work things out with his co-promoters, but he also stresses that the undefeated boxer-puncher is unsatisfied with his current situation.
                  "He is looking to come to a resolution with Top Rank and the co-promoter, Arena Box-Promotion, and Ahmet Oner, and he's looking to go in another direction; he's hoping to come to an amicable resolution with these guys," said Gary, whose father, Willie E. Gary, has earned the nickname, "Giant Killer," for his billion dollar success in high profile cases.
                  "Top Rank and Ahmet Oner are in the same position. Ahmet Oner is the promoter that he's signed to, and Ahmet Oner did the co-promotion with Top Rank, so they're both the same entity as far as we're concerned, and we're not happy with either of them."
                  Although officials from Top Rank Inc. or Oner's Arena Box-Promotions could not be reached concerning the status of Gamboa's contract at the time of this filing, Top Rank Inc. spokesman Lee Samuels told USA Today that Gamboa is under contract with the company for another two years.
                  "He can't fight for anyone else," said Samuels.
                  Gary would not speculate on whether or not Gamboa would contest his contractual agreement with either promoter.

"We're not going to comment directly on that, because we're in the process of working on that," Gary said. "We don't want to predict the future. We're in the process of trying to deal with the future right now and we don't want to be pigeon-holed into that position.
                  "Because we don't really know what's going to happen with resolving this matter. It could turn out in a couple of different ways. There are a few different scenarios and we just have to find one that he feels comfortable moving forward under. We have to be operating under terms that are satisfactory to the fighter, and that's the bottom line."
                  Gary also wanted to be clear that his client is not afraid of Rios or withdrawing from any legal agreement.
                  "We have concerns because there are people saying that Gamboa is backing out of the fight, and things of that nature, and that's not true," Gary said. "(Gamboa) has never signed on to the fight, so he never has backed out of the fight. He just wasn't going forward with a fight that they hadn't reached satisfactory terms on."
                  Gamboa said he skipped out on the press conference "because I never signed a contract for the fight, and since I didn't have a contract, and we're still under negotiations, then there was no reason for me to go to the press conference."
                  "When I told them that I was not going to show up, they told me that there was no way that they could cancel this, and that I should just show up and be there and this and that," said Gamboa.
                  "But I said, 'I didn't sign anything, so I'm not going.' I told Jose Perez, who works with Ahmet Oner, on Saturday, when I spoke to my lawyer, that I was not going to go to the press conference on Monday."
                  Gamboa also denied reports such as that in USA Today that he is close to signing with Mayweather's promotional company.
                  "I'm here in Las Vegas with my father [Carlos Gamboa,] and I've been training in Mayweather's gym because he [Floyd Mayweather Jr.] is my friend," said Gamboa. "He offered me his Gym so that I can train there, since the fight is going to be here in Las Vegas. That's the purpose of my training here."
                  Gamboa said he wants the fight as much as Rios does.
                  "The message to my fans is that, obviously, I'm not scared of Brandon Rios. They all should know that. I have no problem fighting with him or any other boxer," said Gamboa.
                  "But the problem is with my promoters and how they're doing their business with me. So it has nothing to do with Brandon Rios, but with the way that the business is being handled."

Comentario

• Comentario

• Dónde está Yuriorkis Gamboa?

lunes, 5 de marzo de 2012 05 mar
                      17:52
                      PM ET

por Dan Rafael
                      ImprimirEnviar a un amigo

Quizás sea demasiado bueno para ser verdad, el hecho de que el ex campeón de peso ligero Brandon Ríos y el ex campeón de peso pluma Yuriorkis Gamboa, que tiene planeado subir dos divisiones desde el peso pluma, chocarán en una batalla por un título ligero vacante el próximo 14 de abril en HBO.
                      Es una de las peleas más esperadas en el calendario boxístico inmediato, pero después de lo que sucedió el lunes, ¿quién sabe qué sucederá?
                      Top Rank, empresa promotora de ambos peleadores invictos, se mostró muy preocupada. Lo mismo sucedió con HBO. Y ambos tienen razones para sentirse así.
                      Top Rank no tuvo respuestas, y tampoco las tuvo Ríos, su entrenador Robert García y su manejador Cameron Dunkin este pasado lunes, cuando Gamboa no se presentó en una conferencia de prensa para dar inicio a la gira de promoción en Miami, tierra adoptiva de Gamboa. Ríos (29-0-1, 22 KOs) y su equipo estaban ahí al igual que los miembros del plantel de Top Rank a cargo de manejar el evento, pero no tenían idea de que Gamboa arruinaría el evento, aparentemente sin explicación alguna, a pesar de que Gamboa no podía ser contactado para dar su opinión.
                      "Todo lo que puedo decir es que él no estaba ahí, y no sé por qué no estaba ahí", dijo el vocero de la empresa Top Rank Lee Samuels desde Miami. "No tenemos respuestas".
                      Samuels dijo que alguien del equipo de trabajo de Gamboa le informó apenas unos minutos antes de comenzar la conferencia de prensa que Gamboa (21-0, 16 KOs), por razones que ellos dijeron no conocer, no aparecería en el evento.

Ríos-Gamboa es una pelea tan buena (en la que se enfrentan dos de las promesas más excitantes del boxeo actual) que Top Rank había tomado la inusual decisión de armar una gira de promoción de dos ciudades para generar interés en el combate (lunes en Miami, martes en Los Ángeles, el área de donde Ríos es oriundo. Las giras de múltiples ciudades están reservadas normalmente para peleas de pay-per-view.
                      La pelea fue anunciada hace tres semanas con gran fanfarria, y los boletos salieron a la venta el viernes pasado. El presidente de Top Rank Todd duBoefdescribió la venta inicial de boletos para el evento que se hará en el Mandalay Bay de Las Vegas, como "tremendas" y "mejores de lo esperado".
                      Pero luego Gamboa no se presentó a la conferencia de prensa. Es extremadamente raro, francamente. No puedo pensar en un solo ejemplo durante mi paso por el mundo del boxeo en el cual un peleador no se presente en una conferencia de prensa para dar inicio a su promoción cuando no tiene problemas obvios de viaje o de enfermedad.
                      De hecho, según duBoef, una de las cosas que Gamboa solicitó cuando estaban cerrando su trato para pelear fue que se hiciera una conferencia de prensa en Miami, algo a lo que duBoef accedió sin problemas.
                      Se suponía que la promoción continúe en Los Ángeles con otro evento para los medios el martes. El plantel de Top Rank y el equipo de Ríos abordaron sus aviones el lunes por la tarde para hacer ese viaje. Pero nadie tiene idea de si Gamboa se presentará o no.
                      "Todo lo que sé es que estamos yendo con Brandon a Los Ángeles y que estaremos listos para otra conferencia de prensa el martes", dijo Samuels. "¿Estará ahí Gamboa?" No sé qué decirles".
                      Los comentarios en la industria del boxeo indican que Gamboa estaría siendo seducido por la empresa de Floyd Mayweather Jr., Mayweather Promotions. Haga lo que haga Gamboa, duBoef dijo que él tiene un contrato de promoción muy firme con él.
                      Sabiendo cómo hace sus negocios Top Rank usualmente, no tengo dudas de que ellos tienen un contrato sólido. Simplemente vean lo que sucedió el año pasado cuando Nonito Donaire trató de abandonar la empresa para firmar con Golden Boy. Ellos terminaron en arbitraje, y el contrato de Top Rank fue convalidado.
                      DuBoef dijo que Gamboa había acordado para hacer la pelea con Ríos y que habían suficientes pruebas firmadas como para respaldar esas negociaciones, aún cuando el acuerdo oficial del combate todavía no ha sido firmado (es una práctica estándar en el boxeo que no se firme el contrato hasta que esté bien avanzada la promoción).
                      DuBoef dijo que había estado también en contacto con HBO para hacerles saber a sus ejecutivos lo poco que él sabía sobre esta situación. Al igual que todos los fanáticos del boxeo, duBoef espera que Gamboa tenga una buena excusa para no haberse presentado, y que viaje a Los Ángeles a hacerlo.
                      "¿En qué parte del mundo está Waldo? No tengo idea. Que alguien me lo diga", dijo duBoef. "Yo estaré en Los Ángeles para la conferencia de prensa del martes. Ya les diré si se presenta o no".

Comentario

• Cómoooooooooooooo? Al final no hay pelea?! Joder Gamboa, si tú puedes!

Comentario

• Gamboa: I have NOT received a contract.....but I want to fight Rios.
                          It seems something isn't right with this situation. Gamboa says he hasn't received a contract and he isn't happy with the terms his promoters have offered him and he has been telling them that.

He also said that he is willing to face Rios but under fair terms.

He also added he is preparing for the fight all the same at the Mayweather gym, because Money offered him his services.

Comentario

• Originalmente escrito por colacao20 Ver mensaje
                            Solo te digo Pica que en la pregunta de los mejores a los que a derrotado tienes la respuesta.

Vitali en otra época tendría un 55-10 un 57-8 cositas así, LO QUE YA ES BASTANTE EH!!

Parece que les ninguneamos pero no, simplemente los ponemos es un escalón histórico que les corresponde, yo lo pondría en un hipotético top 15 de los pesados, y al hermano top 20.
                            Vamos estando más de acuerdo. Yo reconozco que soy de Vitali, tampoco soy 100% objetivos, pero pienso que la gente los infravalora. A mí me sabe bastante mal que hayan tenido rivales tan malos, creo que si Vitali se hubiese visto obligado a mejorar más, a añadir trucazos a su repertorio como la clásica guardia de codo de Mayweather para evitar la pelea dentro, defensas con el hombro y demás, habríamos visto a un boxeador tremendo y temible por ese físico, pero es que ni falta le ha hecho y la escasa competencia le ha hecho mantenerse lineal en su boxeo, una derrota con un Tyson o alguien así lo habría transformado, creo.

Comentario

• Buenas noticias también, K-1 sigue adelante:

PRESS RELEASE: IT'S SHOWTIME closes deal with new K-1 organization

With immediate effect, IT'S SHOWTIME closed a multi-year deal with the new owner of the K-1 label, Mr. Mike Kim. The company of Mr. Kim is called K-1 Global and is established in Hong Kong.

Even though this new company didn’t have any obligations towards our company and our fighters, K-1 Global has paid all of our fighters this week. This means that every fighter received a signing bonus which consists of 50% of the money that was still owed to them by the old company FEG.

K-1 will organize 4 big events already this year, including the final 16 and final 8 in the 70kg and heavyweight division. The bonuses the fighters can win will be astronomically high, but we leave it up to the company of K-1 Global to announce these amounts. We will also leave it up to them to announce the event schedule, but three weeks from now everything will be announced.

The following fighters have already signed a contract with K-1 on behalf of IT’S SHOWTIME: Daniel Ghita, Tyrone Spong, Hesdy Gerges, Paul Slowinski, Rico Verhoeven, Anderson ‘Braddock’ Silva, Ben Edwards, Melvin Manhoef, Sergii Lashchenko, Mourad Bouzidi, Dzevad Poturak, Chahid Oulad El Hadj, Gago Drago and Andy Ristie.

Contracts which are ready to be signed with K-1 this week: Ruslan Karaev, Harut Grigorian, Chris Ngimbi, etc.

There have been several contracts signed with other big names in kickboxing, but these are not under contract with IT’S SHOWTIME, so we wait for K-1 Global to announce these names.

We are very happy with these positive developments in our sport and for all fighters in the world who now get the possibilities to show their talent in K-1.

Comentario

• Cómoooooooooooooo? Al final no hay pelea?! Joder Gamboa, si tú puedes!
                                No hay nada confirmado.El tema es que parece que, según los rumores (basados en que se le vió en gimnasio Maywether el día de la conferencia) Gamboa quiere "desertar" de Top Rank, tal vez para fichar con Mayweather promotions.El contrato para esta esperada pelea aún no está firmado y esto podría ser una treta para mejorar las condiciones actuales con la Top Rank, que ciertamente hay que decir que no le a tratado demasiado bien el tiempo que lleva con ellos.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X