• Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Dana White: "Nosotros podriamos comprar el Pride"

Fuente: http://www.suntimes.com/output/sunda.../drive03b.html

On the record with... Dana White

September 3, 2006

He was named president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Jan. 15, 2001, and UFC ratings often eclipse those of boxing and college football on Saturday nights. The Ultimate Fighter reality series, Thursdays on SpikeTV, also does very well. White implemented weight classes and outlawed dangerous activities such as eye gouging, helping the UFC become sanctioned by Nevada and California athletic associations. The UFC is working to get sanctioned by Illinois' commission.

UFC 62 last weekend was great, especially compared to Chicagoan Andrei Arlovski's match in UFC 61 on July 8. They said in the middle of that fight he hurt his knee. But it looked to me like he was just in there not to get knocked out. All of our shows have been great, except for that one. That was the worst. It was so bad that I went to SpikeTV and cut a deal. The Tito Ortiz-Ken Shamrock III bout on Oct. 10 will be free, live on Spike. All the people who bought that [Arlovski card] felt like they got robbed. Even in supermarkets people were telling me that sucked. I don't want our fans ever to feel that way again.

How are talks going to expand to other cities, such as Chicago? Good. We're talking to state commissions to sanction bouts in every state, even states we won't have cards in, because I want it to be safe for all fighters. We've never had a death or serious injury [since White took over], and I want to keep it that way.

What is a realistic date for getting a UFC card at the United Center? 2007. That's when I think we'll get it done. I told people last year we'd get it in California, and we have. It's been great, and it's great for the cities with revenue.

Pride is coming to Vegas. How will that affect the UFC? Not at all. They're having financial trouble. They lost their TV distribution in Japan. There are a lot of accusations they're not good guys.

Could you guys merge? We could buy them.

Dana White: "Nosotros podriamos comprar el Pride"

jajajaajajajaja siempre me parto con el dana xD

Comentario

Puff, vaya tio más tonto. Cada vez que abre la boca sube el pan. No tiene ni para pagar a los mejores y va a tener para comprar PRIDE.

Comentario

el a lo suyo , estara pensando ya en el Tito vs Shamrock 27 xDDD

Salu2

Comentario

q bobo es ...mejor si se caya y paga a los luchadores el dinde4ro q se merecen de verdad

Comentario

lo de este tio es para flipar...

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por wanderlayla
              q bobo es ...mejor si se caya y paga a los luchadores el dinde4ro q se merecen de verdad
              xacto

Comentario

jajajajajajajajajajajaja, no pudo pagar lo que le pidió rampage para pelear en la ufc y va a tener para comprar el pride jajajajajajajajajaja, la verdad que esa cosa viniendo de white no me extraña en lo absoluto

Comentario

Este white es tonto perdido, ya soltó una de sus americanadas.
                  En fin, americanos, no les puedes pedir mas.

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por alfredo49

Salu2
                    Exacto, el a lo suyo :D Haria un favor a la organizacion que preside, pensando un pokito las cosas antes de hablar...

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por alfredo49

Salu2

jejejeej, te olvidas de Arlowski vs Sylvia 32.

Comentario

pues que no flipe nadie si es que se ve un lidell-couture 4, porque no teniendo a nadie mas en su evento en esa categoria pues siempre couture tratará de salvarle la velada a white :(

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X