Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

NSAC cambia a No Contest el Gomi-Diaz!!!

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• NSAC cambia a No Contest el Gomi-Diaz!!!

The industry pioneer in UFC, Bellator and all things MMA (aka Ultimate Fighting). MMA news, interviews, pictures, videos and more since 1997.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday changed the result of Nick Diaz's gogoplata victory over Takanori Gomi to a no-decision after it deemed that the use of marijuana aided in the Californian's Feb. 24 win over the PRIDE champion, NSAC executive director Keith Kizer confirmed to Sherdog.com.

Diaz's license was suspended six months, retroactive to the date of the fight, and he was fined $3,000, a sum equivalent to 20 percent of his purse.

According to MMAweekly.com, NSAC commission chairman Dr. Tony Alamo stated during Tuesday's hearing in Las Vegas that Diaz's Delta-9-THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) reading was an off-the-charts 175. A test is considered positive when THC levels broach 15, while Nevada holds its standard at 50.

"This creates a unique situation," expressed Alamo.

"I was there at this fight and believe that you were intoxicated, and that it made you numb to the pain," Alamo told Diaz, who was present. "Did it help you win? I think it did."

"I wasn't under the influence when I was fighting," Diaz responded. "I don't abuse drugs normally; it was a one-time thing. It was very embarrassing for me to test positive."

During an interview on the Sherdog Radio Network's "Beatdown," Diaz's manager Cesar Gracie questioned the NSAC's decision to change the fight result when it has not done so in previous "performance enhancement" related suspensions.

"Tim Sylvia kept his win when he tested positive for steroids, and because Nick tested positive for pot they're going to take his victory away, fine him $3,000 and suspend him for half of the year?" said Gracie. "I mean I think they just shot themselves in the foot. They didn't shoot Nick in the foot. They look like idiots out there."

In fact the NSAC has changed a result once before, after it amended regulation in December 2005 to allow for such a ruling. Following a positive test for methamphetamine stemming from a Nov. 2006 fight, boxer Omar Nino's majority draw with Brian Viloria was changed to a no-decision, Kizer said.

"Gomi is a great opponent, he's really tough," said Gracie. "You don't want to go in there high against a guy. You can't think, focus and react quickly. Obviously Nick won the fight. They were saying,

Re: NSAC cambia a No Contest el Gomi-Diaz!!!

Hombre justa o no la sanción creo que pretende ser ejemplar, se están dando demasiados casos de positivos por THC, y al final va a acabar pasando algo. Ya sé que peores son los que dan positivo por otras "sustancias" pero el caso es que si sabes que algo está prohibido y que puede afectar a tu vida profesional y aún asi te arriesgas tienes que asumir las posibles consecuencias

Comentario

si pero una cosa es que le sancionen y otra es que cambien el resultado de un combate, y mas cuando a tim sylvia no le fue retirada la victoria por dar positivo en esteroides ...
      en fin ... de verguenza
      "Things you focus on will grow bigger, so focus on positivity" Marloes Coenen
      sigpic

Comentario

Como dice teseo lo q parece q buscan es q la gente entienda q el dar positivo se castiga posteriormente y no solo con una multa y una suspensión. Tb es verdad q todos deben ser medidos con la misma vara

Comentario

Quizá sea un punto de inflexión y a partir de ahora todos los positivos por sustancias prohibidas tengan un no contest en los combates que ganen...

Comentario

THC ????

q era??

Comentario

Marihuanaaa jajaja no te hagas el loco ::)

Comentario

Me parece bien pero sin cambiar el resultado

Comentario

a i me parece mal q cambien el resultado la verdad....la sancion es lo justo pero no q le quiten lo q ha ganado y bien ganado ademas

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por teseo
                    Marihuanaaa jajaja no te hagas el loco ::)
                    se pasa el repasito q le dieron a Gomi a un NC....

pq el tio fuma porros? :?

joder..

Comentario

Trabajando...
                    X