Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

EliteXC/Strikeforce: Frank Shamrock habla...

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• EliteXC/Strikeforce: Frank Shamrock habla...

Frank Shamrock answered a lot of questions long-time mixed martial arts enthusiasts had concerning his fighting ability against today's fighters, and gave newer fans to the sport a glimpse into the mystic that is Frank Shamrock, when he dispatched of hard hitting Phil Baroni at the co-promoted Strikeforce and EliteXC event Friday night in San Jose, Calif.

Shamrock, now sporting the moniker 'The Legend,' nearly finished Baroni with strikes in the first round before choking 'The New York Bad Ass' out with a Rear Naked Choke in round two.

Following the fight the focus shifted to Shamrock's knee injury suffered while training with Thierry Sokoudjou two weeks before the event. The thirty-four year old former UFC champion told MMAWeekly, "I tore my ACL and MCL, and partially tore my meniscus which apparently is really bad. I probably shouldn't be walking around, but I just put that big brace on it and kept on going."

Asked if surgery would be needed to correct the injury, Shamrock said, "I think so. We're going to wait until the swelling goes down, and then we're going to look at it. I've got like three opinions and two of the three are saying we need to get some tendons and give them to me."

Frank added, "They said don't do anything for a week, and no contact sports, and then they'll look at it. They think I'm a mutant, and I may have torn my ACL years ago, and it may have just never existed. Same with the MCL. They just don't seem to know, but they're going to have to scope it I think."

Pre-fight injuries affect the fighters physically, that goes without saying, but how it affects them mentally is rarely mentioned. "I was worried about the kicking because it hurt when I kicked, and that's usually not good

Re: EliteXC/Strikeforce: Frank Shamrock habla...

y Nick Diaz tmb tiene contrato con Pro-Elite, no le hara frente a UFC (Ni falta que hace) pero creo q si siguen asi tendremos otro evento que seguir !
    To Perita Style

Comentario

Re: EliteXC/Strikeforce: Frank Shamrock habla...

Y Renzo acepta el rematch: mmaweekly
      To Perita Style

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X