Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Entrevista a

The industry pioneer in UFC, Bellator and all things MMA (aka Ultimate Fighting). MMA news, interviews, pictures, videos and more since 1997.

Ronaldo Souza is universally regarded as one of the most talented Brazilian jiu-jitsu artists in the world. He has also compiled an 8-1 record in MMA, which he will take into the Dream middleweight grand prix quarterfinals on Sunday.

Martins Denis spoke with the man known as "Jacare" on his transition to MMA, his training with Randy Couture and his upcoming bout against Jason "Mayhem" Miller.

Sherdog.com: How is your life nowadays? Where do you live?
    Jacare: My life is a run. I am always traveling. I am in Sao Paulo, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Sherdog.com: What do you miss most about living in Manaus, Brazil?
    Jacare: I miss the academy, ASLE headquarters. This is a family. I miss my friends. To summarize, I miss a lot, a lot of good things.

Sherdog.com: Last year you fought four times, two times in Brazil. How was your training at ASLE? A lot of people cannot imagine how it is.
    Jacare: The training was everyday in three different periods: morning, evening and night. We focus a lot on Brazilian jiu-jitsu and conditioning and, of course, the stand-up game. Several people already went to Manaus and were impressed with the technique, heart and stamina of the team. To train in Manaus is not easy. Many do not make it. The air seems to be like a sauna -- humid and heavy. The climate is terrible, and the master, Henrique Machado, pushes a high pace.

Sherdog.com: You have a great relationship with your master, Henrique Machado. With you living outside of Manaus now, how is that relationship?
    Jacare: I have a strong relationship with him, but he is no longer with me and probably will not be with me for upcoming commitments.

Sherdog.com: So this is the reason he was not in your corner at your Japanese debut?
    Jacare: I always traveled alone. I fought seven BJJ Mundials without him coaching me. I was training in Las Vegas and he was in Manaus, so I decided not to call him for that fight.

Sherdog.com: Why did you delay fighting outside Brazil after Gracie FC?
    This is a question I prefer not to respond to. I am sorry.

Sherdog.com: You were close to signing with WEC. What happened?
    Jacare: I had proposals from Affliction and EliteXC too, but Dream's proposal was much more lucrative. And I think Dream is the return of Japan to big shows. Japan needed this to be on the top again.

Sherdog.com: But did you receive a proposal to be part of

Re: Entrevista a

Gracias por la información. Para mi Jacare va a dar mucho de que hablar en MMA, espero que le de un buen repaso a Miller q no me cae nada bien...

Comentario

Trabajando...
    X