Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Entrevista Jean Silva

DENIS MARTINS: Please Jean, introduce yourself to us. JEAN SILVA: I'm 175 cm and 73kg. I was born on June 20, 1977. My main titles are being Cage Rage champion and Cage Warriors champion.

DENIS MARTINS: After years fighting in UK events, you earned a spot in PRIDE. How are you feeling? JEAN SILVA: I feel like I accomplished something by reaching this goal. My intention now is to keep myself in PRIDE.

DENIS MARTINS: You're going to face Takanori Gomi, a Japanese idol and #1 Bushido fighter in the lightweight category. Is this the sort of challenge that you like? JEAN SILVA: For me, each fight is a big challenge. This next one will be the biggest in my career and I enjoy this kind of stuff.

DENIS MARTINS: What kind of deal did you sign with DSE? JEAN SILVA: This will be a kind of test fight for me. It's my first chance of introducing myself to the Japanese fans. As I told you before, my target is to mark my name in the PRIDE ring.

DENIS MARTINS: How much practice time and work are you going through to prepare for this upcoming fight? JEAN SILVA: I train hard for all of my fight. My training routine is six intense weeks. My strong point is that I train with several different types of fighters, coaches, and a conditioner. This kind of preparation makes my confidence very high. I'm at 100%.

DENIS MARTINS: Is it going to be your second fight representing ChuteBoxe? JEAN SILVA: Yes, it is.

DENIS MARTINS: Since you have joined Chute Boxe, what kind of differences have you noticed in your skills? JEAN SILVA: My stand-up skills are at a high level and I acquired more confidence in my ground game. I'm very well rounded and happy with myself.

DENIS MARTINS: Did you explore your stand-up game before joining Chute Boxe Academy? JEAN SILVA: I never really liked fighting on my feet, but with the training now at Chute Boxe, I have absorbed all of their aggressiveness.

DENIS MARTINS: You trained in Capoeira (African/Brazilian stand-up Martial Art). Did this fact make the transition easier for you in Chute Boxe? JEAN SILVA: Yes, but in Chute Boxe I perfected my striking a lot.

DENIS MARTINS: Are you living in Curitiba (ChuteBoxe's home) now? JEAN SILVA: I come here three times out of eight months. I live in Paraiba (Northeastern Brazil) with my parents. However, I have thought about moving from Paraiba to Curitiba.

DENIS MARTINS: What do you know about Gomi? JEAN SILVA: I see him as a fighter who imposes a basic MMA game incredible competence, and he is lucky.

DENIS MARTINS: What's your focus training-wise to battle him? JEAN SILVA: On everything. However, I am focused more on takedowns and capoeira.

DENIS MARTINS: Gomi displays huge striking ability and nobody has really taken him to the ground. Do you think that taking him down to the mat is the strategy to beat him? JEAN SILVA: This will be my strategy.

DENIS MARTINS: Gomi has already overwhelmed seven Brazilian fighters, including two from Chute Boxe Academy. Do you feel as if you have the responsibility of avenging these losses for Brazilian fighters? JEAN SILVA: I don't feel obligated to beat Gomi because he beat seven other Brazilians. I have a commitment to myself and it's to fight well against him. He has the same value to me as my other 16 past opponents. You can be certain that I will win this fight.
    Source:http://news.adcombat.com/
    To Perita Style
Trabajando...
X