Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Forrest Griffin Vs Wanderlei Silva???

As Forrest Griffin prepares for the first-ever defense of his UFC light heavyweight title on Dec. 27 at UFC 92, he is relying on teammates and training partners to help him get ready for Rashad Evans.

One of those training partners, Wanderlei Silva, has a fight of his own the same night taking on former champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the third bout between the two. It's their first meeting, however, in the Octagon.

While Griffin is solely focused on facing Rashad Evans, he would be remiss not to think about a possible fight down the line against teammate and now friend, Wanderlei Silva, who could very well be next in line if he is victorious at UFC 92.

Griffin spoke to MMAWeekly Radio about that very possibility.

"Obviously it's there," Griffin said about a possible fight with Wanderlei Silva. "It's going to happen one day. He knows that and he's cool with it; I'm cool with it."

The former "Ultimate Fighter" season 1 cast member has nothing but good things to say about Silva, who has become a mainstay at Xtreme Couture over the past year.

"Wanderlei's actually very professional, very nice guy," Griffin commented. "He just has this love of fighting. He's a guy that was put on this earth to fight people. That's just the way he's built."

One thing that Griffin understands beyond anything with a potential match-up against Silva is that he will have to be prepared for war, as the Brazilian is known for undying heart and tenacity in all of his fights.

"The love of the fray is what he has. You hit him, he doesn't care," said Griffin. "If he was a video game character, his game would have infinite life."

The door remains open for the now teammates to square off in the future, but for now Griffin sets his sites on Rashad Evans and the defense of the UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 92.

Fuente: mmaweekly

Re: Forrest Griffin Vs Wanderlei Silva???

en mmaweekly

The growth of MMA has also led to the growth of major gyms and teams around the world, but eventually teammates sometimes have to fight and that may be the case down the road for Wanderlei Silva and training partner Forrest Griffin if they both should win on Dec. 27.

Griffin spoke out on the subject recently, telling MMAWeekly.com, "It's going to happen one day. He knows that and he's cool with it; I'm cool with it."

Silva spoke to MMAWeekly Radio about his friend and training partner and the likelihood of them fighting in the future.

"I'm a professional, he's a professional. He's an amazing guy," the Brazilian said about Griffin. "I train with him so hard, this guy he's really upped his boxing. He's got very good ground, very good wrestling, and I think he's a very, very tough opponent."

Friendship aside, Silva wants a shot at the UFC light heavyweight title and if that road goes through Forrest Griffin, the two competitors will square off in the Octagon and then shake hands when it's all over.

"I know and he knows that this is a business and if I win and he wins, I'd fight him no problem," Silva stated. "He's my good friend, but business is business. This is professional."

With both fighters on the upcoming UFC 93 card in Las Vegas, Silva and Griffin have been sparring and training together non-stop in preparation for each of their respective bouts, Silva against former UFC champ Quinton Jackson and Griffin defending his belt from fellow Ultimate Fighter winner Rashad Evans.

"I train with him more because I

Comentario

Trabajando...
    X