X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Diego Sancehez: Mi bajada a los Ligeros no es permanente

mmaweekly.com

When the announcement was made that perennial Top 10 welterweight Diego Sanchez was making a move to lightweight just about every fighter at 155 pounds took immediate notice. From top contenders on down, Sanchez is gunning for the best fighters in the world at lightweight, but as he told MMAWeekly Radio recently, his run at 170 isn't finished either.

Always known for his tremendous strength and cardio conditioning, Sanchez will not accept a loss in either of those categories for his move to lightweight, which may not last as long as some people may have expected.

"I definitely am going to go back to welterweight. Maybe a year, year and a half at this weight, we'll see," he said in the interview. "It's all about the business and the right fights, whatever are the best fights for the UFC. I'm here to put the best fights on for the fans and the UFC, and be the best fighter out there that I can be for you guys."

The New Mexico born fighter attributes the move to lightweight as something he felt necessary at this point in his career, but as he ages, he believes that 170 will be his home once again.

"I'm 27 now, so I'm only in my twenties. When I come into my thirties it's going to be a lot harder to make that weight drop, so I said hey go for the belt at 155 and then later on in my career, I can go for the belt at 170," commented Sanchez.

Working in Lake Tahoe with his camp, he is confident that he will make the 155-pound weight limit with no problem. He's already walking around at a comfortable size ready to make the cut.

"There's no practice run for me. Time is ticking. I started at like 190 at the beginning of the year, and I've just lived very disciplined," stated Sanchez. "(The) first 10 pounds came off easy, second 10 pounds not as easy, and now I'm weighing 166, so I'm about 11 pounds over, fully hydrated. That's before I work out; I'm about 166. I get down to about 163, 162

Re: Diego Sancehez: Mi bajada a los Ligeros no es permanente

Diego Sanchez ya dijo hace tiempo que su gran objetivo era de luchar contra BJ Penn. Supongo que esto tendrá algo que ver para coincidir en su camino.

Comentario

Más bien que se vio superado por los wrestlers en welter (Kos y Fitch), y bajando de peso intentaba reconducir su carrera. Peeeero... pasar hambre no mola, y Diego no lo acaba de ver ;D

Comentario

Sanchez, a pesar de lo cargante q es, es uno de mis luchadores favoritos, lo q pasa q con la gente como fitch o kosckeck cortando peso (o alves o GSP) lo tiene duro. El es un submision wrestler, derriba bien y G&P para pillar un choke, es su tactica preferida, pero... Sus unicas derrotas son ante el top 2 y top4 de la categoria, para mi ahora era TOP5 o Top6 (hughes) pero Diego quiere un cinto. Si gana a Daddy lo pondran a pelear contra otro para ser contender y luego contra BJ-Florian

ADEMAS TIENE UNA NOVIA PA FLIPAR

Comentario

Pues se va a encontrar a Sherk por ahi asi que............

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por sanka
            ya te digo se ha metido en un sitio cojonudo....
            (la verdad es que es una pena por que es un gran luchador pero no le veo en ninguna de las dos categorias con cinto)
            "Things you focus on will grow bigger, so focus on positivity" Marloes Coenen
            sigpic

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por sanka
              jo,jo eso estaba pensando ;D . Aunque Diego Sanchez es un luchador que me gusta y que creo que ganará ante Stevenson no lo veo dominando una categoria, hoy por hoy.

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X