X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Ahora si, Wandy está listo para bajar a 185 lbs

mmaweekly.com

Quinton Jackson, Chuck Liddell, and Keith Jardine are all fighters that Wanderlei Silva has faced since returning to the UFC. They are also all light heavyweight fighters that, when they are not fighting, walk around well above the 205-pound limit of the weight class.

What weight does Silva walk around at outside of the Octagon?

Try 208 pounds.

It's no surprise then that "The Axe Murderer's" recent UFC record is 1-2 against that cast of characters. He doesn't pawn off his losses to the disparity in size, though.

"I think it is the technique," Silva told MMAWeekly.com, saying that he lowered his hand against Jackson at UFC 92 and the former UFC light heavyweight champion took advantage.

He does realize, however, that contrary to popular belief size does matter. He's ready to drop down and see if he is a fit in the middleweight division.

"Yeah, I could try because every guy in my division have to cut to 205 and my normal is 208. I'm going to test now... I'm going to cut my weight. Maybe I go to fight in my next fight at 185," says Silva. Always toeing the company line, he's not ready to make a permanent move, adding, "I could fight in both divisions; I could fight 185 and 205."

It's not something that he jumped into overnight. Silva has been talking about 185 for a long time, but it looks like the UFC is ready for the move, too. "I've been lots and lots of thinking about this now, I see what (UFC president) Dana (White) wants. What he wants (me) to fight, no problem. I talk with (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and... say no problem, I'm down for 185? He say, no problem."

Talking with the famed Brazilian knockout artist, there is a sense that whatever comes his way next, he has finally broken in his new house and made it a comfortable home with the UFC.

"In three fights in UFC, I had all places. I lose one hard fight with Chuck, I beat one guy so fast, one guy beat me, it's too much experience," relayed Silva. "I'm thinking now I have much more lessons for to give my fighters."

Now it's just a matter of time. Despite the onslaught of UFC events in the near term, it appears Silva will be making final preparations for his next bout in the sizzling summer heat at his new gym in Las Vegas.

He's anxious to step back in the Octagon, though his five-year-old son is reaping the benefits of dad's down time. Silva finds himself playing with his son in the morning instead of having to go straight to the gym.

"My life is fighting. I love to fight. Now I wake up in the morning and... where am I going? I play with my son," he says with a grin on his face, but his eyes belying the call of his chosen profession.

"My work is training. I need to train. Now I want to train more," he commanded. " I don't know what plans the UFC, but I am ready for to fight in June or July."

Re: Ahora si, Wandy está listo para bajar a 185 lbs

bueno, parece ser que es el camino a seguir si en tu cat natural te ves atascado...

ojala wand vuelva a entroncar 3 o 4 victorias y se vuelve a meter en la pomada que siempre mola...
    "Things you focus on will grow bigger, so focus on positivity" Marloes Coenen
    sigpic

Comentario

Espero le vaya bien siempre es sinonimo de espectaculo

Comentario

Merril, es k la categoria natural de wanderley no es en la k ha peleado hasta ahora, menos de 93, sino la siguiente por debajo, menos de 84, ten en cuenta k mide 1,80 y k no es especialmente ancho de espaldas como lo pueden ser tito ortiz o chuck liddel. Ademas, lo decia renzo gracie k cuando wanderlei empezo a combatir en brasil pesaba 79-80 kilos, k vale k con la edad ganas kilos pero de ahi a ganar 13 kilos hay un mundo (y muchos "golosinas"). Wanderlei puede dar los 84 sin esforzarse a penas, solo controlando un poco la dieta
        un saludo

Comentario

volvera a dar espectaculo... ;D

Comentario

Primeras imágenes del recorte de peso. :D :D :D :D

Comentario

Originalmente escrito por ildecs
              Primeras imágenes del recorte de peso. :D :D :D :D

Ostia se le ve bien, como en los viejos tiempos O_O yo creo que Wand HA VUELTO :D

Fuera de coña, creo que bajando de peso esos puños y knees tan wapos suyos van a ir más rapido, cosa que sumado con esa agresividad unica suya buff.. hay que verle ya luchando.

Comentario

Creo que esa bajada de peso le viene como anillo al dedo, ya que en la otra categoria se le veia encanijao al lado de segun que mastodontes... a ver si volvemos a ver al Wand de siempre (aunque los años no perdonan) y nos deleita con algunos de esos combates memorables a los que nos tenia acostumbrados.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X