Este tema ha sido cerrado
X
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Lo de Cormier ya lo sabía, viene de sus tiempos en la selección USA de lucha, las pasaba putas para dar el peso. Es que no es ninguna broma lo del recorte.

Comentario

• Está muy bien eso de cocinar TJ, por T.J. Cook.

Por cierto, Royler Gracie contra Masakatsu Ueda, la que le va a caer al Gracie...

Revered as one of the most courageous fighters from MMA’s first family, Royler Gracie has never encountered an opponent he feared. Now, nearly five years since his last appearance -- a unanimous decision loss to Hideo Tokoro at K-1 Premium 2006 Dymanite!! -- the 45-year-old Brazilian has decided to return to the cage one final time against one of Japan’s premier fighters.

Gracie will face former Shooto titleholder Masakatsu Ueda under the Amazon Forest Combat banner on Sept. 14 in his native Brazil. The bout, according to Ueda’s blog, will be contested at 154 pounds, notable in that he was Shooto champion at 132 pounds. A three-time Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championships gold medalist, Gracie confirmed to Sherdog.com that it would be his last fight, though it would not come against an opponent he desired most.

“Promoters from Amazon Forest told me they called Eddie Bravo,” said Gracie, who lost to Bravo at the 2003 ADCC world championships. “As far as I know, he didn’t even want to know how much the purse was; he said he doesn’t fight MMA, only ADCC. He was the second option. The first name was Tokoro, who I accepted immediately because he was my last opponent and beat me.”

Tokoro, however, won the Dream Japan bantamweight grand prix in July, forcing his withdrawal in advance of his participation in the Dream bantamweight world grand prix, which begins in September. That opened the door for Ueda.

“It will be very emotional for me, as it will be my last fight,” Gracie added. “I really like the people from Manaus. They treat me very well, and there are also many Gracie Humaita affiliates there. I’m preparing my jiu-jitsu as always and working on MMA with Fabricio ‘Morango’ [Camoes], who will be in my corner. I won’t look for a knockout. I’m not a striker, and I’m always looking to honor my art.”

The once-beaten Ueda will carry a three-fight winning streak into the match. The 33-year-old last appeared at Shooto “Shootor’s Legacy 3” in July, when he stopped Rumina Sato on a first-round body kick at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo.

“Ueda is a technical and tough guy. He’s used to facing Brazilians, but he better not leave his face out there, or I will smash him,” Gracie said with a laugh, poking fun at his own limited standup skills.

Nearly 46, Gracie is conscious of the fact that time has taken a toll on his abilities. In order to enjoy a victorious farewell fight against Ueda, he is preparing a clinch strategy that includes taking down the Japanese standout and using the moves that made him a four-time Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion.

“The world knows my game is based on contact,” he said. “To hit me, my opponent has to approach me and get closer to me. At that exact time, I want to use the clinch, and when he leaves an opening, I’ll take him down.”

Comentario

• Amazon Forest Combat 1
        September 14, 2011
        Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil

Satoshi Ishii vs. Paulo Filho
        Royler Gracie vs. Masakatsu Ueda
        Josh Burkman vs. Roan Carneiro
        Antonio Braga Neto vs. Maiquel Falcao
        Alexandre Capitao vs. Shanon Slack
        Jordan Smith vs. Karo Parisyan
        Ronys Torres vs. Drew Fickett
        Dileno Lopes vs. Ian McCall
        George Clay vs. Anthony Birchak

Comentario

• mmmm ni fu ni fa, veremos a ver...

Comentario

• Legend FC ficha al luchador mongol Jadamba Narantungalag
            Mongolian lightweight Jadamba Narantungalag has signed with Chinese promotion Legend Fighting Championship, the organization announced Thursday

Se hizo algo conocido después de pegarle un repaso a Gono y noquear a Yokota.

Comentario

• el anerior legend fc me lo ví y de P.M
              porque no repetir?
              lo del mongol gusta, ni zorra idea de quien es ni como es, pero es mongol ¡¡¡ no creo que sea el tipico luchador regulero- medio bueno aburridete ni por asomo.

Comentario

• Originalmente escrito por KICKE Ver mensaje
                el anerior legend fc me lo ví y de P.M
                porque no repetir?
                lo del mongol gusta, ni zorra idea de quien es ni como es, pero es mongol ¡¡¡ no creo que sea el tipico luchador regulero- medio bueno aburridete ni por asomo.
                Es karateka y tiene una buena base de lucha. Es un tío al que echarle un ojo.

Comentario

• Cosmo Alexandre a MMA con Tyrone Spong, ficha por la división LHW de Bellator. Gran noticia, debería ir a ONE FC.

Noticia de MMAjunkie.com.

Comentario

• Originalmente escrito por picahielos Ver mensaje
                    Cosmo Alexandre a MMA con Tyrone Spong, ficha por la división LHW de Bellator. Gran noticia, debería ir a ONE FC.

Noticia de MMAjunkie.com.
                    GRANDES!!! Gracias Pica.

Comentario

• Bellator 49's Rick Hawn out of welterweight tourney with knee injury

Comentario

• Pues a mi me encantan estos eventos "menores", me gusta ver a luchadores que no triunfaron en 1ª división o que ya estan "mayores" pero sigen con las ganas y el valor para seguir compitiendo. Y también me gusta ver combates de gente desconocida..., siempre ves cosas y estilos nuevos.
                        Que en MMA no todo es BarÇa vs. Madrid !!!!!!
                        Como no sabia que era imposible, fué y lo hizo...

Comentario

• Affliction, Fedor/M-1 Settle Federal Lawsuit
                          Options: ShareThis| Printer
                          Friday, September 02, 2011
                          by J.R. Riddell (jriddell@sherdog.com)

On August 23rd, Fedor Emelianenko and M-1 Global filed a notice of settlement in their federal lawsuit against courtroom adversary Affliction Entertainment. With a trial scheduled to commence in a Los Angeles federal courtroom in less than two months, Emelianenko and M-1 asked the judge to vacate the trial date and all associated pre-trial deadlines.

“The Last Emperor” and M-1, a promotional/management group with which the fighter is closely aligned, filed suit two years ago seeking to recover damages they claimed to have suffered after Affliction cancelled the co-promoted “Trilogy” event. Their complaint alleged that after Josh Barnett was refused licensure by the California State Athletic Commission because of a reported positive steroids test, Affliction breached its contract by refusing to promote the third and final fight called for under their “Fight Agreement.” They claimed Affliction did not undertake “all reasonable efforts” to find a fighter to replace Barnett and alleged that Affliction lost interest in promoting this third bout partly because it was trying to repair its soured relationship with the UFC.

In May 2010, Affliction filed a counterclaim against M-1, contending that one of the documents governing their relationship, a “Consulting Agreement,” was a “sham contract designed to avoid tax obligations.” Affliction asked the court to declare the Consulting Agreement unlawful and require M-1 to refund the $2.4 million it initially collected for the two events. Shortly after Sherdog.com first reported the news, Affliction voluntarily dismissed its counterclaim, without prejudice to re-file at some later date. The court’s docket reflects that Affliction has never re-filed its counterclaim.

Over the past two years, the courtroom foes engaged in substantial discovery, taking depositions of key witnesses including Zuffa (through its President Dana White and General Counsel Lawrence Epstein), Affliction (through co-founder Todd Beard, Vice President Tom Atencio and attorney Michael Bassiri) and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker.

More recently, in March and April 2011, both sides filed motions for summary judgment, arguing that the judge should decide some or all of the legal issues in their favor, without sending the case to a jury for trial. The judge denied the parties’ motions on June 7th, forcing the parties to either gear up for an August jury trial or to settle their differences. The judge also ordered the parties to engage in further mediation, and directed stakeholders and key witnesses Todd Beard (Affliction) and Vadim Finkelstein (M-1) to attend the mediation discussions.

In June and July motion practice continued at a vigorous pace as both sides geared up for trial and filed various motions in limine seeking to exclude from trial evidence on issues such as Brett Rogers’ -- a potential replacement for Josh Barnett -- weight, lay person testimony from members of the MMA industry regarding Rogers’ weight, certain expert witness testimony, and previous offers of compromise between the parties.

According to the docket, court-ordered settlement discussions took place on June 17 and 29. Of course the docket does not reflect any other settlement discussions that may have taken place between the parties before or after those two sessions. On July 11th, the federal judge held a final pretrial conference with counsel for the parties and continued the trial date from August 16th to October 11th.

Citing confidentiality provisions included in the settlement, counsel for the various parties were unable to provide further comment or details regarding what transpired between the July 11th pretrial conference and the filing of the notice of settlement on August 23rd.

Having received Emelianenko and M-1’s August 23rd notice regarding settlement of the case, Judge Margaret Morrow dismissed the case on August 24th. The dismissal was entered without prejudice, specifically contemplating any party may move to re-open the action within 30 days if the settlement between the parties is not consummated within that time frame.

J.R. Riddell is an attorney at the global law firm Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, and represents various clients within the MMA industry. More background regarding Riddell’s experience can be found at his lawyer profile found here. This article does not provide legal advice, and any opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of his law firm. Riddell can be reached at jriddell@sherdog.com.

Comentario

• Rogers-Sánchez Dirigida por Titan FC 20 el 23 de septiembre
                            Opciones: ShareThis | Versión para imprimir
                            Viernes, 02 de septiembre 2011
                            por Mike Whitman ( mwhitman@sherdog.com )

Brett Rogers regresará el 23 de septiembre. | Foto: David Mandel

Brett Rogers está de vuelta. El combate anunciado en la edición del viernes de "Inside MMA" de HDNet que se enfrentará con el veterano del UFC Eddie Sanchez en Titan Fighting Championship 20 . "Sería un error para él para tratar de estar junto a mí" , dijo Rogers. "Pero al mismo tiempo, espero que no, porque eso es lo que los fans les gusta."Bajando 24 de septiembre de la histórica Sala Memorial en Kansas City, Kansas, 20 TFC también se espera que cuentan con ex- WEC campeón de peso ligero Jamie Varner y dinámica de peso gallo perspectiva Anthony Gutiérrez bloqueo cuernos con Alonso Martínez y Shaffer Laramie , respectivamente. El evento se trasmitirá en vivo por HDNet.Después de comenzar su carrera de un perfecto 10-0, que culminó con un devastador nocaut en la primera ronda del ex UFC campeón Andrei Arlovski , Rogers ha perdido tres de sus últimas cuatro peleas. Después de sufrir un par de golpes de gracia a Fedor Emelianenko y Overeem Alistair , "The Grim" se recuperó con una victoria por decisión unánime sobre el oficial Rubén Villareal en octubre pasado. Los 30 años de edad, la victoria sería de corta duración, sin embargo, como se le rebotó desde el Strikeforce de peso pesado Gran Premio por el ex rey de UFC Josh Barnett el 18 de junio. Sólo 11 días más tarde, Rogers fue acusado por la policía por agredir a su esposa en su casa en el suburbio de Minneapolis de Apple Valley. El combate fue lanzado por Strikeforce poco después de su detención y su juicio está programado para el 13 de septiembre en el Condado de Dakota Tribunal de Distrito. De acuerdo con el "Inside MMA" viñeta, la esposa de Rogers no se espera que declarar contra su marido. "Me dijeron que no entrar en detalles [sobre el caso]", dijo Rogers, acompañado por su esposa. "Los periódicos pueden escribir lo que sea, pero es más de un malentendido, cuando lo miro. Todavía estamos pasando por el proceso legal. [No se] no [fue una historia de violencia entre nosotros]. Nuestros archivos están limpios. Estoy seguro de las cosas se van a caer y podemos seguir adelante ".

Comentario

• El proelite vi el otro dia los prelims y chachi ahí dándolo todo; los hawaianos son muy duros, pero el nivel es el que es. Ganó por KO el pupilo de cris Leben, en una pelea de ida y vuelta, como manda el maestro jejeje

Comentario

• Akihiro Gono tiene toda la pinta de que se va a One FC

Y también dicen que se puede ir para allí Fransimo Tirta. Este chaval me moló mucho en Legend FC, tiene un record de 10-0-1 y es toda una promesa en fw

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X