Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

Actualidad otros deportes de contacto (boxeo, kick, thai, lucha,...)

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Que tío más hortera

Comentario

• Pacquiao accepts Maweathers challenge but...
      Manny Pacquiao has accepted Floyd Mayweather's challenge for a showdown in May, but barriers remain in the way of a possible super-fight.

On Wednesday, Mayweather demanded Pacquiao "give the world what they want to see" and agree to a bout on 5 May.

And while Pacquiao said he wanted the fight, he said he favours a date in late May and suggested Mayweather could not guarantee his side of the purse.

"This is the fight the world wants," said Philippine superstar Pacquiao.

"[But] Mayweather wants a guaranteed purse so what he has to do is get a promoter who can give him the guarantee.

"I don't have problems getting a guarantee because I have a promoter who will give me my guaranteed purse.

"If he gets a guarantee, then we are going to share the revenue on a 50-50 basis."

Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum added: "There is no problem on our part - the problem is on Mayweather's.

"Mayweather needs somebody on his side that's going to guarantee his purse. Mayweather has nobody on his side and GBP (Oscar de la Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions) is not going to guarantee his purse."

Arum and Pacquiao's financial advisor, Michael Koncz, want a bout in late May to coincide with the completion of a 45,000-seater arena in Las Vegas.

The MGM Grand, where Mayweather is booked to fight on 5 May, has a capacity of only 17,000 and Koncz claims an additional $30m (£13m) could be raised if the bout took place in the new venue.

"Why would I tell Manny to fight on 5 May and throw away a percentage of $30m? That's crazy," said Koncz.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16515328.stm

Última edición por Invitado; 01-12-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comentario

• Top Rank Prez: Mayweathen has my number, he can call.
        Quote:
        By Salvador Rodriguez

By the end of this week, we should have a clear picture on whether or not a welterweight mega-fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is going to happen in the first-half of 2012.

Top Rank's President Todd DuBoef, who represents Pacquiao, told ***********.com that a major issue in these negotiations is the lack of direct communication from Mayweather. The WBC welterweight champion has been using Twitter to bait Pacquiao to accept a fight on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Another problem, there are numerous parties claiming to represent Mayweather - and the boxer has not advised Top Rank as to which individual will represent him in the negotiations.

"For starters, I think it's difficult to negotiate through the media. I think what Mayweather is doing is using Twitter for some public relations, but he knows this is not the right way to negotiate. If he wants to talk, he has my cell number," DuBoef said. "The problem is, we don't know who to negotiate with. We have seven different people and we don't know who the right person is. It's frustrating."

Comentario

• Floyd and GBP Can Win The War with Arum, by Fighting Miguel Cotto

The potential opponents of Floyd Mayweathers May 5th fight have been narrowed down to two. Richard Schaefer has confirmed that Robert Guerrero will not be Mayweathers next opponent. That leaves two possible opponents in Saul Canelo Alvarez and Miguel Cotto.
          Alvarez is a huge draw in Mexico and the broadcasting rights for a bout in that country would be significant and enticing for Floyd. However Golden Boy Promotions would not want to risk such a gold mine against the worlds best fighter in Floyd Mayweather Jr. A bout with Mayweather Jr, could effectively destroy his potential as a fighter. Such a fight could be a brutal one sided beatdown which could effect Alvarez’s future progression enromously. In my opinion a Floyd vs Alvarez match up would be one sided, with Floyd dominating the young Mexican in every round, before the ref stops the fight late. I am sure both GBP and Team Mayweather can see the logic in having this fight later on, rather than on May 5th.
          The big choice and i think the main guy who will be Floyds opponent come May 5th is Puerto Rican superstar Miguel Cotto who is fresh off a brilliant victory over Antonio Margarito in the ill fated rematch. Cotto was previously with Top Rank but that is not an obstacle anymore since Cotto has announced repeatedly that he will decide relationships with different promoters on a one fight basis. Cotto is Arum and Top Ranks 2nd biggest cash cow behind Pacquiao. The Pay Per View results and gate takings for Floyd vs Cotto would be huge. Cotto would easily have a career high pay day and most likely Mayweather aswell. It sets aside two boxers against each other, one who has always been at the pinnacle of the sport and the other who is rebounding and looking better at a higher weight. Not to mention that by fighting Cotto it wins a long running fued over Bob Arum and Top Rank, through giving him options from one of Top Rank’s biggest cash cows. This may also jeopardize any chance of a future Pacquiao megafight, as Mayweather vs Cotto will make Arum even more bitter.

Source - Sweet Boxing News

Comentario

• Comentario

• No se si algunos lo sabreis ya:

Peter Aerts confirma su retiro. Su ultimo combate será el dia 30/06 contra Tyrone Spong en Holanda.

Comentario

• Adios a un grande.

Comentario

• Uno de los más grandes de la historia, para ser concreto. No creo que debiese retirarse peleando con Tyrone, hace tiempo que está a niveles muy distintos, pero démosle una oportunidad a la preparación de Aerts para el K-1.

Comentario

• Lo siento pero a estas alturas no está para pelear con Spong.Es una pena pero se va a retirar con una derrota.

Ojalá me equivoque porque Peter Aerts para mí representa a una era dorada del kickboxing , muy superior a lo que hay ahora.

Comentario

• Lem's latest: Schaefer says Arum wants Pacquiao-Bradley, Marquez-Peterson
                      Quote:
                      by Lem Satterfield
                      Jan 13th, 2012

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told RingTV.com during an interview earlier this week that Floyd Mayweather Jr. was close to naming an opponent for his return to the ring on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas -- that is if a coveted mega bucks bout with WBO Manny Pacquiao did not first come to fruition.

At the time, Schaefer listed as two of the top considerations No. 2-rated lightweight Robert Guerrero, a five-belt winner over the course of three divisions, and RING No. 2-ranked junior middleweight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, the WBC's beltholder.

Rival promoter Bob Arum, CEO at Top Rank Inc., who handles Pacquiao, has taken a stab at narrowing Mayweather's choices even further.

Arum stated that he believed Mayweather will choose Guerrero as the man against whom to make a defense of his WBC welterweight belt. Arum's assertion riled Schaefer, who has since said that Guerrero has been elminated from among the prospects.

"Obviously, Arum thought that it was going to be Guerrero against Mayweather," said Schaefer. "But that's not the case."

As a counter, Schaefer has thrown his opinion toward guessing whom Pacquiao will choose, if not Mayweather.

Pacquiao is reportedly considering WBA/WBO lightweight titleholder Juan Manuel Marquez, IBF/WBA junior welterweight titlewinner Lamont Peterson, WBO junior welterweight titleholder Tim Bradley or WBA junior middleweight beltholder Miguel Cotto.

Arum already has indicated that he would match Cotto against WBC middleweight title holder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., if Chavez gets beyond next month's defense of his crown against Marco Antonio Rubio, and Cotto is not selected by Pacquiao.

Schaefer's scenario?

"What Bob wants to do is have Pacquiao fight Timothy Bradley, and he wants Juan Manuel Marquez to fight Peterson, and he wants Cotto to fight Chavez Jr.," said Schaefer. "But I really couldn't care less what Top Rank is doing. I want to focus on our fights."

After signing with Arum in September with the idea of someday facing Pacquiao, Bradley was immediately placed on the Pacquiao-Marquez III undercard in November, where he scored an eighth-round knockout of four-time titleholder and Cuban Olympic gold medalist Joel Casamayor.

Pacquiao earned a disputed majority decision over Marquez, against whom he had battled through a draw and a split-decision triumph in two prior meetings.

Schaefer thinks Pacquiao's fighting Bradley next.

"That's why he put Bradley on the Pacquiao card. It's just that that's what is going to happen, watch and see," said Schaefer. "Let's just say that I have my sources that he wants to have Pacquiao fight Bradley. I have my sources. End of story."

IF NOT PACQUIAO, WHO IS NEXT FOR MAYWEATHER?

Alvarez isn't the only choice for Mayweather, according to Schaefer, who points to the RingTV.com fan poll, "If Not Manny Pacquiao, who should Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight next?"

Cotto had the edge over Alvarez.

"There is a poll up on RingTV.com with a number of potential opponents concerning 'Who should Mayweather fight?' So you see that Miguel Cotto and Saul Alvarez are neck and neck. Then there's Amir Khan and there's Robert Guerrero and there's Erik Morales and Paulie Malignaggi," said Schaefer.

"So you have a list of names there. So we'll see. Floyd always wants to do the big fights, and that's how he is, and it will be a big fight as you know. Floyd Mayweather's fights are always the Super Bowl of boxing."

Schaefer said that he expects Mayweather to arrive at a decision within the "next couple of days."

"We're working diligently," said Schaefer. "I'm working diligently with the Money Team, and you know, we'll see."

MARQUEZ WANTS PETERSON IF NOT PACQUIAO

If neither Marquez nor Peterson gets Pacquiao, Marquez told RingTV.com that he would like to take a tuneup fight on March 17 in a Mexico City before rising to challenge Peterson.

A victory over Peterson would make Marquez only the second Mexican fighter to win a fourth title over as many different weight divisions, something that was first achieved in September when Erik Morales scored a 10th-round TKO over Pablo Cesar Cano for the vacant WBC junior welterweight belt.

Peterson's manager and trainer, Barry Hunter, says that his man would welcome the challenge to face Marquez, whom Peterson calls his favorite fighter.

"That would definitely be cool to fight Marquez -- especially Marquez -- because Marquez has always been a favorite fighter of Lamont's. When you're a fighter that Lamont respects -- and he has a lot of respect for Marquez -- then it's going to be a great fight," said Hunter.

"I think that it will be tactical, but in the end, both of these guy would lay it on the line, so it could easily be a war. Marquez is accustomed to wars, and so is Lamont. So that would be a great fight."

WBA ORDERS PETERSON-KHAN II

Factoring into Peterson's options is a potential rematch with Khan, whose belts he took via split-decision on Dec. 10.

The WBA has ordered an immediate rematch as a result of a formal appeal from Golden Boy Promotions on behalf of Khan, who is also awaiting the results of a Jan. 18 hearing for a similar filing with the IBF to overturn Peterson's victory or else to order an immediate rematch.

The appeals are based on the assertions of Khan and Golden Boy that the fight was poorly officiated and that there were scorecard descrepancies.

Some of the controversy stems from the actions of IBF affiliate Mustafa Ameen, whose ringside behavior was caught on video and seemed to include picking up a yellow scoring slip near WBA ringside scoring official Michael Welsh.

Also photographed in the ring appearing to celebrate with Peterson camp members, Ameen will address his actions during the IBF hearing and discussion with officials representing Khan and Golden Boy in New Jersey.

WHAT ABOUT GUERRERO?

A winner of five belts over three divisions, Guerrero has returned to training this month from rehabbing his left shoulder since the injury forced him to cancel an August clash that was to mark his junior welterweight debut against Marcos Maidana.

A two-time IBF featherweight and one-time IBF junior lightweight beltholder, Guerrero has a 13th-fight winning streak that includes nine stoppages, and is coming off a unanimous decision over Michael Katsidis for the WBO and WBA's interim lightweight belts in April. Guerrero also owns a victory over Casamayor by unanimous decision.

"I'm going to be in New York next week, and one of the things that we're going to discuss is Robert's next fight. I know that Robert wants a big fight, and Robert deserves a big fight, and he's a terrific young man outside of the ring and he's also one of the most talented fighters inside of the ring," said Schaefer.

"He's a multiple-time champion already and this is not a guy who needs a tuneup. This is a guy who is ready to be in the biggest fights that there are. Eventually, he will get the big fight that he wants. He certainly has our full support. I'm going to work my hardest to make sure that he gets those shots at these big fights. He not only deserves it, but he has earned it."

Guerrero has endured a tumultuous if not inspirational career, having last suffered defeat by a split-decision to Gamaliel Diaz in December 2005, but winning their rematch with a sixth-round knockout in June 2006.

In March of 2010, Guerrero chose to pull out of a scheduled clash with Katsidis in order to be with wife Casey during her recovery from a bone marrow transplant.

Guerrero's devotion to his wife and family were recognized when he received The Bill Crawford Award for Courage In The Face of Adversity from the Boxing Writers Association of America.

"Robert is the kind of guy with his personality and his story, he has not only captured the imagination and support of not only of the fight fans, but of the general public," said Schaefer.

"I know that he will be ready to entertain and to deliver. There are very few fighters out there who are as classy and as nice and as polite as Robert is. He is an absolute first-class guy."

Assured that Casey's cancer was in remission, Guerrero returned to the ring with an eighth-round knockout of Roberto David Arrieta in April of 2010. Guerrero's comeback has included unanimous decisions over Casamayor and Vicente Escobedo in July and November of 2010.

"I'm going to work tirelessly until he gets all of these big fights. When Robert is in the ring, it's not going to matter who he is in the ring with," said Schaefer.

"I don't care who he's in the ring with, whether it's a Mayweather or a Pacquiao or a Maidana or a Morales, Khan or whatever, you name it, I know that he's going to deliver."
                      Source

Comentario

• Floyd Mayweather Jr Interview (1/13/2012)
                        Quote:
                        Ben Thompson: What’s up Champ?

Floyd Mayweather: What’s going on Ben?

BT: Actually, it seems like a lot has been going on over the past few days ever since you called out Pacquiao on Twitter.

FM: The thing is this, I’m ready to fight May 5th

BT: Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like Pacquiao is ready to fight May 5th. I’m not sure if it’s because of the cut he..

FM: (Cutting in) I got cut in my last fight. I got a hole knocked in my face.

BT: (Laughing) I know. According to Arum though, there’s a number of reasons why. First he said Pacquiao’s cut wouldn’t allow him to spar until April. Then he said he wanted to build a temporary outdoor stadium for the fight to maximize profits, but it wouldn’t be ready in time for a May 5th fight. Now he says they need more time to promote the fight.

FM: Man, this fight is already sold, you know? The fight is already sold. All he gotta do is sign on the dotted line. I’m ready. He said he’s ready to take the random blood and urine tests. I mean, his manager, what’s his name?

BT: Michael Koncz?

FM: Yeah, Michael Koncz said he agreed to doing it. Like I said before, Floyd Mayweather don’t want to fight nobody but one person. I don’t want to fight nobody else but him. Nobody! I want him. I don’t want to fight Cotto. Not Canelo. And I ain’t looking to fight Marquez a second time. Nobody! I want him! I only want one person, Pacquiao!

BT: I was going to ask you about some of those names that you just mentioned. There’s been a lot of speculation as to who you might actually face on May 5th, assuming it’s not Pacquiao. Names like Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero...

FM: (Cutting in) I don’t even know who "The Ghost" is. I don’t even know who that dude Guerrero is. That didn’t come from me. I’m not trying to fight Guerrero. I fought a southpaw; I fought Ortiz. Ortiz was a tune-up preparing me for Pacquiao because I thought that the fight was going to happen and that’s the fight that I want to give to the world.

BT: Miguel Cotto and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez were also names rumored to be in the mix with Guerrero to get the opportunity. Have you actually considered any of those names?

FM: Like I said before, I recently heard about this guy, Guerrero "The Ghost", whatever, I wish him nothing but the best, but I’m not fighting no Guerrero "The Ghost" because I don’t even know who he is. If I did have to fight Cotto, they’re going to say I’m fighting Pacquiao’s leftovers. I’m not saying Cotto is not a good fighter or he’s not solid. To me, I think he’s talented. If I’m not mistaken, back when Cotto fought Pacquiao, he fought him at a catchweight. You know me, if I was to fight Cotto, I’m not fighting him at no catchweight, but I don’t want to fight him. Canelo, they’ll say he don’t have enough experience. It could be Cotto, it could be Canelo, but I’m not trying to fight either one of them. May 5th, I’m looking to fight Manny Paquiao. Why is he duckin’ and dodgin’ me? I mean, you say you’re a clean athlete, I’m a clean athlete, let’s take the tests and let’s fight. Like I said before, May 5th, sure, it could be Cotto, or it could be Canelo, but I don’t want to fight them. I don’t want to fight nobody but one person, Manny Pacquiao. That’s the only one I want to fight. Right now, my team may be looking for me to fight one of the other top guys out there, but I’m looking to fight one person.

BT: I think you’ve made that pretty clear over the past few days, but all of them - Arum, Pacquiao, Koncz, and even Todd [DuBoef] - are saying that they’re not sure who to speak with on your team in order to negotiate.

FM: Everybody knows that all my business is handled in a professional manner. I got people that work for me that handle my business. Everybody knows that Al Haymon is my go-to guy. What’s that guys name again, his manager?

BT: Michael Koncz.

FM: Michael Koncz came to my boxing gym to tell me that Bob Arum is not in control. He gonna tell me, "Bob Arum don’t have nothing to do with this at all." He basically said that Bob Arum is out of there; that Bob Arum is not in control, but he [Koncz] is in control. Then the next time I asked him about Bob Arum, he said, "Let me handle Bob." Come on, man, which one is it, let you handle Bob or he’s under control? He said, "Don’t worry about nothing. Bob Arum listens to me." Which one is it, Bob Arum listens to you, or Bob Arum is not in control? He came to the gym with a few different people, Joe Jackson and some other people, but like I said before, he told me me Manny Pacquiao would take the tests, random blood and random urine. Once he told me that, I said, "Yo, we can make the fight happen." Then I told him, "How can y’all even negotiate a fight if y’all got a lawsuit against me. If it’s defamation of character, why are y’all even coming to the gym to negotiate?" I said, "I want to fight him, but before y’all can even negotiate the fight, drop the lawsuit so I know y’all serious." It’s obvious they’re not serious because they didn’t drop the lawsuit.

BT: Yo, speaking of Koncz and these investors, I was actually contacted by one of them who explained their offer to me. I was kind of surprised to hear that they were going to break Bob Arum off with like $40 million of his own.

FM: Anybody that’s bringing investors to the table are probably trying to take money from people. It’s no different than Bob Arum trying to cut a side deal with some investors and saying something like, "Pay me $40 million, give it to me, and I’ll step aside and let y’all do the rest." In my opinion, Michael Koncz probably brought the investors because he’s trying to put something together so he can get money behind Manny Pacquiao’s back. There’s so many different people they’re getting involved with; so many different investors. First there were these investors, right? Then there’s some other investors. Some guy came to my house the other day. My Uncle Roger brought some guy over to my house the other day from Dubai, and I told him, "No disrespect, but to my recollection, Bob Arum is Manny Pacquiao’s promoter." He told me, "I’m in control now." I said, "Well, if you’re in control, you have to talk to Al Haymon." I shook his hand and I said, "I will be over to Dubai soon and we can go sit, have dinner, and go enjoy the nightlife, but as far as negotiating boxing, any contracts or any numbers, I have a professional business partner/adviser named Al Haymon that handles that."

BT: Ah, that explains where Arum got his story about you supposedly meeting with investors this week. Well the latest coming from them is that they’re willing to fight in late May, but they say you’re going to have to find someone to guarantee your purse, and it sounds like Arum and Koncz still want that temporary stadium to generate an extra $40 million in profit.

FM: Now let’s get this straight, if there’s $40 million, that’s probably money he owes Pacquiao on the backend. Y’all talking about $40 million? I’ll be honest, I was guaranteed way more than that on the first go around [of negotiations]. How can a fighter that’s supposed to be making eight figures...I mean, from what I’m hearing, he made, what, $6-$6.5 million?

BT: I believe that’s what was on his bout contract, $6.5 million, but he was supposed to be guaranteed like $20 million, or something like that.

FM: How can a fighter who’s making $6.5 million even negotiate with a fighter of this magnitude, you know what I’m saying? Bob Arum is talking about he gotta pay Pacquiao. Listen, Floyd Mayweather can make $50 million with a cab driver. In my last two fights, I made more money than Pacquiao made in his whole fucking career. Talking about can’t nobody guarantee him $40 million. I made more than $40 million with Ortiz. Like I said before, Bob Arum is lying about that. All he did for years was tell people that I’m scared. Okay, he said I’m scared? Well why was he [Pacquiao] scared to take the tests. For two years he didn’t want to take the tests. If he’s going to take the tests, okay, let’s fight. In my opinion, what they’ve been doing the whole time was piggybacking off my name and lying to the public, telling the public that I don’t want to fight when it’s really that Bob Arum don’t want to put him in there to take that chance because that’s his cash cow. He don’t have Cotto no more, so if Pacquiao loses, he won’t have no crazy revenue no more. Basically, that’s what’s been going on. You can call me whatever you want to call me, but I ain’t no cheater and I ain’t no loser. All I’m asking is one thing, let’s give the fans what they want to see. I want to take the tests; he said he’s going to take the tests. This sport is too tainted. Everybody is cheating. They putting stuff in their wraps, they cheating with the gloves, everything. And guess what? What I believe in my heart is the majority of the cheating is going on in my weight class. No wonder Antonio Margarito was trying to fight me so bad. Everybody talking about I was scared of him. All the fighters they say I’m scared of are all Top Rank fighters. When I was with Top Rank, I was never scared of no Top Rank fighters. When I was with Top Rank, I fought all the best fighters that they had, but they didn’t want to let me get the fight with De La Hoya because, at that particular time, that was their cash cow and they didn’t want to risk their cash cow losing. It’s the same thing going on with the Pacquiao situation right now. Cotto is gone, so they got one left. Bob Arum would probably take the fight if he could get $30 million in his pocket. I mean, how much more money do these promoters want to take from fighters? Ain’t these promoters tired of taking from fighters? With Mayweather Promotions, what we truly believe is treating the fighters fair. We want to make money, but we want the fighter to make money also. That’s one thing I do like about Richard Schaefer. Richard Schaefer believes in Golden Boy making money, but he also believes in his fighters making money.

BT: I hear it getting busy on your end so I won’t hold you up any longer. Is there anything else you want me to get out there for you?

FM: I was planning on doing a huge show February 24th on my birthday, but I had to push that back because of the case. But Jesse Vargas moving up to welterweight, that’s a great thing, and I just signed Deandre Latimore, so we got some huge things going on. And once again, I’m Floyd Joy Mayweather and my daddy is Floyd Mayweather, so I’m not no junior. I wish they would stop saying that. Tell people to stop doing that. He’s Floyd Mayweather and I’m Floyd Joy Mayweather. That was my father’s boxing name. I got his boxing name. His name is Floyd Mayweather and I’m Floyd Joy Mayweather
                        Source

Comentario

• Comentario

• Comentario

• Mayweather Jr: If Martinez Can Make 150, We Can Fight - Boxing News

Comentario

• Este post es practicamente como un monologo

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X